- Rapidly growing 75+ person Australian owned, multiple roles
- State-of-the-art Electronic Warfare software solutions
- Attractive salary package, flexible working hours
About the Role:
As a Consunet Software Engineer you will be working autonomously and within a team of professionals to design, build, integrate and test various software components and contribute to the development of large-scale software solutions. Using agile development methodologies and continuous integration techniques, our engineers investigate, define, and resolve complex technical issues to deliver state-of-the-art cyber and spectrum security (including Electronic Warfare) software solutions to the Australian Defence Force.
Having been born in or emigrated to Australia, you will play a crucial part in defending Australia’s cyber and spectrum security interests. You must be an Australian citizen. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from permanent residents and VISA holders.
You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate and transfer knowledge across teams, mentor less senior staff, and interact with customer stakeholders. You will have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar, and commercial experience designing, developing, integrating, testing and documenting software.
You are adaptable, communicate fluently, both orally and in writing, and are comfortable presenting complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- UI front-end and/or server, data processing and network back-end engineering.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps principles and practices.
- Experience in Agile methodology and use case development.
- Developing and designing modular data processing pipelines.
- Familiarity with Computer/Network Security tools or concepts.
- Familiarisation with automated software build systems (e.g. Apache Ant, Gradle).
- Flexible working hours.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Friendly culture and work environment.
- Monthly company dinners and social activities.
- A workplace that believes in innovation, quality, and a work-life balance.
- Personalised training and development plans for employees to develop their skill set and career progression.
Consunet is headquartered in the Adelaide CBD with operations in Adelaide, Edinburgh and Canberra. A level of flexibility is generally offered with respect to work location. If you have specific requirements, please discuss them during your interview.
About the Company:
Our people create world-leading trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers' interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country's leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, capable of priming major Information Warfare (IW) projects as a trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong research and development (R&D) and collaboration emphasis, implements agile development and management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted within everything we do.
Click “Apply Now”. We highly recommend attaching a covering letter outlining your experience when applying.
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a software engineer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.