Primary Years Classroom Teacher (6 month contract)
An opportunity exists for a passionate Primary Years Teacher to join an outstanding school with high standards for teaching and learning, within a supportive school community. This is a 6-month contract.
Bethany Lutheran Primary School is a Prep to Year 6 co-educational, Lutheran Primary School situated in Raceview, Ipswich.
Year level teams work closely together to consistently implement highly effective practices across classes, and teach in cooperative ways. Staff are supported through a strong culture of cooperation and collegiality. Parents are closely involved in their children's school life and learning.
This position is a 6-month contract position beginning Term 1, 2022.
Applications are invited from teachers who:
• Are passionate about teaching and learning
• Have the ability to teach from a Christian perspective
• Are able to thrive as a part of a team of professionals
• Are able to cultivate high academic standards
• Are willing to take on new forms of pedagogy
• Are able to collaboratively work with others
• Are able to exhibit Bethany Lutheran Primary School’s genuine Christian commitment and care for students.
Applicants must be registered with the Queensland College of Teachers.
Bethany Lutheran Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Centred on Christ, providing quality education, empowering students to serve and achieve.
Be acknowledged as an innovator of Christian primary education, with vibrant community partnerships.
Key Selection Criteria
KSC1 A desire to support the Christian ethos of the school
KSC2 A student-centred approach to teaching, learning and assessment.
KSC3 A vision for using technology as an effective learning, teaching and administrative tool.
KSC4 Demonstrated ability to plan and implement engaging learning experiences and programs, including differentiation for students with additional needs.
KSC5 Experience working within a team environment, demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
KSC6 Additional qualifications, skills and/or interests that may add value to the wider school community.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should contain:
• A cover letter not exceeding one page, outlining the reasons for applying.
• A curriculum vitae highlighting:
- Contact details
- Work experience/employment history
- The contact details of three referees, including one from your current employer.
• A series of statements or paragraphs, addressing the Key Selection Criteria. The response to the key selection criteria should not exceed four (4) pages. Applications without Criteria responses will not be considered.
• A copy of your current Teacher Registration certificate
Applications should be provided in electronic format, addressed to the Principal, Mrs. Heidi Hansen, and submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be received by 4:00 p.m. Thursday 7th October 2021.
Receipt of applications will be provided via return email.
Further information or clarification on any of the above is available by phoning 3288 8799.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.