Who we are
Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton has been supporting the health of people living in and around Rockhampton for more than a century. Our heritage listed Kenmore building was purchased by the Sisters of Mercy in 1915 and opened as the first Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Central Queensland on 14 November in the same year.
Today, our 136 bed facility features five operating theatres, a private emergency service and a wide range of specialised clinical services. 2020 has seen Mercy Health Queensland join forces under one Mission. The merger with North, Central and South East Queensland allows a single collective network to bring great benefit for Queenslanders by collaborating the organisation’s state-wide expertise and services.
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the team as the Senior Administration Officer within our Emergency Care Centre. The Emergency Care Centre currently has 8 bays: 3 general cubicles, 1 Resus room, 1 paediatric room, and 3 multipurpose consultation rooms. The service is open 7 days a week and sees clients from newborn through to the elderly.
The Senior Administration Officer is responsible for the coordination of all administrative functions associated with the operations of the Emergency Care Centre. Furthermore, the Senior Administration Officer will be responsible for ensuring all Administration staff of the Emergency Care Centre are proficient in all required administration functions and committed to exceptional customer service. The Senior Administration Officer will contribute to the administration team of the Emergency Care Centre by undertaking all administrative functions and participating in a schedule that provides coverage over a 7 day working week during business and after hours.
Salary range: $31.78 - $33.05 per hour commensurate with experience. The appropriate salary will be dependent on the period of applicable prior experience.
This role generally works Monday to Friday with an expectation that days and hours of work may vary depending on operational need as our ECC operates from 7am to 11pm over 7 days a week.
What you’ll be doing
Though the provided Position Description is available for your review, some of the key duties to highlight include:
- Accepting responsibility for the administration functions associated with the Emergency Care Centre (“ECC”);
- Rostering for the ECC Administration team and providing training and guidance on procedures and systems;
- Ensure members of the clinical team are conversant in necessary administration processes;
- Support the Administration Manager in addressing any efficiency or work performance matters within the ECC Administration team;
- Foster a culture that emphasises excellence in customer service and teamwork; and
- Undertake the administrative functions of the ECC to meet service delivery objectives.
This is a hands-on role meaning not only will you be leading the ECC Administration team but working alongside them. Though some level of Health Administration qualification is desired it is your prior experience that will set you apart. Your professional features will include:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a senior administration position within an Emergency Care Centre/Department;
- Experience in the coordination and training of an Administration team;
- Experience work within a multi-disciplinary team environment in a private hospital environment;
- Ability to identify, develop and maintain work practices and/or opportunities that meet service expectations; and
- Outstanding customer service principles.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance program
- Corporate Discounts
- Health and Wellbeing programs and initiatives
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
- Part of Mater Health Queensland
Take your career to the next level by experiencing working in our not-for-profit, values-driven hospital, with a deep connection to our local and regional community. Join our growing team as we build the future of Mater.
How to apply
Apply for this positions on SEEK. More information about this vacancy is available at our Careers in Central Queensland at: Careers in Central Queensland - Mater where it is listed under Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton vacancies.
Should you have any questions about the role please contact Raechel Dransfield at firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
- Candidates must be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or have a Visa that does not require sponsorship to apply.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.