About the role
Mater Private Hospital Mackay has been providing excellence in clinical and pastoral care to the people of Mackay and surrounds since 1927.
Located on the northern bank of the Pioneer River since 2003, our hospital is a modern 105 bed facility featuring five operating theatres, a fully equipped day surgery unit, and a wide range of specialist clinical services.
Our concerted pursuit of innovation—to discover, improve, adopt and adapt—differentiates Mater as a leader in the areas of health, education and research. We are committed to providing exceptional care in the community.
We are seeking dynamic and adaptable Registered Nurse Level 2 who will be motivated by a challenging and fast paced environment. We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the Mater team in our Emergency Care Centre. This position is being offered on a permanent full-time basis.
Salary range: $47.24 - $50.61 per hour commensurate with experience. The appropriate salary will dependent on the period of applicable prior experience.
What you'll be doing
The Clinical Nurse will be responsible for providing advanced clinical problem-solving, expert planning and coordination in the management of clients with complex care needs, ensuring quality standards are met within the Emergency Care Centre. You will support to Nurse Unit Manager by providing clinical leadership for clinical practice and education.
To be considered for this role, the successful applicant must:
- Registration as a Division 1 Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) (essential);
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Registered Nurse in the applicable healthcare team specialty;
- Advanced level clinical and problem solving skills;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Digital and computer literacy
Post graduate management qualifications, or similar, and experience in a comparable position in a private health care environment would be highly regarded.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will work with a passionate and driven team that provides high quality patient care. Work hours are flexible in accordance with operational requirements. We are a family friendly employer and give consideration to the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance program
- Discounted gym membership
- Corporate health fund premium discounts
- Professional development opportunities in partnership with Mater Education
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
How to apply
Apply for this positions on SEEK or through the CQ Mater Careers webpage at: Careers in Central Queensland - Mater, where you can find more information about this vacancy. This position is listed on our website under Mater Private Hospital Mackay vacancies.
Should you have any questions about the role please contact Raechel Dransfield at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
Mater is aiming to fill this position as soon as possible, therefore selection processes will be undertaken while the campaign is open with the view that it will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has accepted an offer of employment.
"We are an equal opportunity employer"
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.