XL Express are a proud privately-owned business specialising in seam-less break bulk transport and logistics solutions, with a comprehensive national network of terminals located in all mainland capitals and major regional centres.
At XL Express, our continued success spanning 30 years of operation, comes from our team of dedicated, passionate and knowledgeable professionals, who all share an unwavering commitment to being a leading partner in seamless distribution and logistics systems.
We are proud of our people and consider it an imperative that our entire workforce is encouraged to embrace innovation; that we enable openness and idea sharing and that every employee understands they are regarded as integral to our success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced PM SUPERVISOR to join the Sydney operations team at Smithfield.
The PM Supervisor will report directly to the PM Operations Manager. The key function of the role is to be responsible for employees, contractors and the operations on the PM shift. Flowing on from this will be responsibility for the safe and efficient dispatching of interstate and intrastate Linehaul movements.
Duties of the role will include responsibility for:
- Maintaining a safe working environment - compliant with WHS policies and procedures
- Ensuring that all work follows required operational procedures and meets company and customer specifications
- Planning and organising timely, efficient freight movements with tasks ranging from pickup allocation, unloading of pickup vehicles, freight and pallet sortation, and the loading of interstate and intrastate linehaul vehicles.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with Linehaul and Customer Service Teams
- Regular reporting – including KPI's, WHS, labour hours, safety incidents etc.
- Effective Team management
- Highly developed leadership and operational management skills – a leader and team builder
- Sound knowledge of fatigue management, load restraint and vehicle loading weight requirements
- Solid understanding of the effective management of pallets
- Good planning and communications skills together with a 'can-do' attitude
- Excellent time management skills
- Good computer skills; Word, Excel and Outlook
- Sound knowledge of Sydney metropolitan area
- Licence to Perform High Risk Work (Forklift Licence) and having a HR, HC, or MC licence would be highly regarded.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Excellent remuneration
- Exposure to a large transport company with full national reach
- A friendly team to support you
- Opportunities for career development
Learn more about us at xlexpress.com.au or visit us on LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook!
XL Express is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
XL Express maintains a Zero Tolerance Policy to drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
No Agencies please – our fabulous in-house recruitment team have this one covered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an operations manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.