Over the past 20 years, we’ve grown to become one of the largest architectural firms in Melbourne by consistently delivering socially, environmentally and financially successful spaces that enrich people’s lives. We work closely with our clients across multiple sectors including Multi-residential, High end single residential, Education, aged care, retirement and seniors living, health, commercial, institutional, hospitality and many more.
Our success is deeply rooted in our culture. We are a business comprised of a multi-dimensional team with a shared passion for design and life. That’s why we attract and retain some of the best talent in our profession.
Based in a modern (studio orientated) office environment, situated in the eclectic city fringe of Collingwood (soon to be Abbotsford – check out our Craftworks project on our website!), our office and surroundings emulate the creativity and authenticity of our people and culture. Within CHT we pride ourselves on promoting a collaborative approach that not only supports our staff, but encourages opportunities to develop skills and talents within a close knit environment.
Working alongside our highly dedicated team of designers and technicians we have an opportunity to bring on board a Senior Project Architect/ Project Lead to join our Melbourne based team.
This part-time position (full-time also available) will see you working with a number of key stakeholders across a wide variety of sizable projects within our practice. As a senior member of the team, you will also play a vital role in mentoring and developing our next generation of Architects.
As the successful candidate you will have past experience working with a collaborative, creative and resourceful team. You have specialised experience in managing large scale architectural projects and demonstrate some of the following skills:
- Expert working knowledge of BCA, NCC, Australian standards and local authority planning processes.
- High level construction detailing knowledge and technical problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated experience documenting in Revit and maximising it's capabilities within a team environment.
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software
- Proven history of working toward tight deadlines and maintaining a healthy project budget
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, verbal & written, with ability to use initiative and work with limited supervision
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong communication, leadership and project management skills
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
Additional to offering competitive remuneration, transparent career path and offering flexible working opportunities, we provide a wide range of added benefits such as access to company vehicles, opportunity to join corporate gym as well as getting involved in our regular social and sporting activities and events just to name a few… Last but not least you will have the opportunity to compliment your skills and personality within an innovative company which promotes an exciting supportive and inclusive culture.
How to Apply?
At CHT Architects we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity.
If you are an enthusiastic candidate, with the desire to become part of a driven and highly professional team, please send your CV and cover letter to Kyoko Blondel [link removed] - Head of People & Culture
Note to Agencies: thank you for thinking of us. We do endeavor to fill our opportunities through direct channels wherever possible, however, if we find that we do need agency assistance, we’ll be in touch.
- How many hours are you available to work per week?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project architect?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your preferred work type?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.