CIP Constructions Group is a nationally recognised builder of commercial and industrial construction. We are looking for an intelligent and energetic Quantity Surveying student to join the team. We are flexible with times and willing to accommodate around your university timetable. You must be passionate about numbers and have excellent organisational skills, ensuring projects and tasks are managed appropriately.
Role & Responsibilities
In this role you will be required to assist our Chief Estimator with the measurement and pricing of projects from concept stage through to fully designed hard dollar tenders. You will receive exposure to the commercial and procurement operations to ensure that CIP remains competitive and cost effective in the tender market.
Further responsibilities include:
- Preparation and coordination of proposals and tenders;
- Subcontractor and supplier pre-tender correspondence;
- Analysis of scope of works to determine design requirements and efficiencies;
- Cost Planning /Estimate Preparation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone with a keen interest and passion for quantity surveying, and the technical skills to succeed in this field. We are looking for someone is confident, with personal motivation and commercial acumen.
- Excellent communication skills, and confidence in dealing with a variety of stakeholders. (clients, subcontractors);
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work to deadlines and multi-task;
- Experience (though not essential) with working with Microsoft Excel and other proprietary estimating software products such as Buildsoft / Cubit, Cost X, etc;
- The ability to be mathematic and scientific minded, with significant attention to detail.
- Currently studying or recently graduated from a construction oriented degree. Eg: Bachelor of Bachelor of Engineering (Civil), Bachelor of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying
Please submit your CV with a brief message outlining your skills and experience and what attracted you to the role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.