Penguin Random House is the world’s largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favourites to future classics across many genres and platforms.
We are seeking a Corporate Tax Accountant to join our Finance team located in Scoresby.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for calculating, preparing and lodging tax returns and activity statements and liaising with the external advisers and the ATO as required. You will also process and produce accurate tax effect accounting calculations and schedules in accordance with the AUGAAP and IFRS accounting standards, and company policies and procedures.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Calculate, prepare and lodge tax returns (ITR, FBT, BAS/IAS, WHT) ensuring all tax compliance obligations are met in accordance with legislation and lodgement timeframes.
- Prepare and complete Current & Deferred tax calculations/schedules and associated tax effect accounting journals in CCH Global (Tax) Integrator.
- Undertake a critical review and evaluation of the existing taxation framework for Penguin Random House Australia.
- Recommend changes to improve our tax systems and processes to drive efficiencies and ensure ongoing compliance with our taxation obligations.
- Assist with the annual external audit and other adhoc taxation matters as and when required including forming of consolidated tax groups (MEC).
- Complete tax related balance sheet reconciliations to ensure integrity of the balance sheet.
- Organise tax residency certificates, certificates of WHT payments and other WHT documentation for the overseas stakeholders and overseas tax authorities.
You will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and be CPA/CA qualified
- 6+ year’s relevant experience in accounting/finance with at least 4-5 years in a specialist corporate tax accounting role
- Proven tax effect accounting experience
- Understanding of Finance ERP systems and CCH Global (Tax) Integrator experience
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management and project management skills
If you are interested in this role we invite you to apply now! Please attach your cover letter and resume outlining your suitability for the role.
Penguin Random House is the world’s largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favourites to future classics across many genres and platforms. In Australia and New Zealand, we are proud to work with the most talented writers, thinkers and achievers and publish a diverse range of local and international voices. We are the leading publisher distributing books across Australia and New Zealand, focusing on speed and reliability to reach our customers and bring the very best books to readers everywhere. Our 400+ creative and passionate people from various backgrounds and experiences work together to uphold our reputation for excellence and clear commitment to service throughout the entire publishing process, and help us to achieve exceptional results. More information can be found at https://www.penguin.com.au/ and https://www.penguin.co.nz/.
Penguin Random House is committed to providing a workplace and culture that values diversity and inclusion across all levels of the business. We recognise and acknowledge the contribution of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. This includes, however is not limited to, differences in gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, family status and disability.
Company: Penguin Random House Australia Pty Ltd
Postal Code: 3179
Job ID: 168743
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.