SensesWA is growing. Join us.
Speech Pathologist or Senior Speech Pathologist
South West Metro Team
Permanent Full-time or Part-time negotiable
Are you a new graduate, established or Senior Speech Pathologist who thinks “outside the box”, has a passion for disability and the drive to attain a rewarding Speech Pathology career? then we’re looking for you.
We are looking for a Speech Pathologist to join our team in our Jandakot and Burswood hubs. This is a community-based role delivering interventions where the clients live their lives, in family homes, schools and other appropriate local contexts and environments.
You will work closely with a dedicated and supportive team of therapists, providing person- centred and evidence-based support to our clients in the South West metropolitan corridor. Our goal is for our clients to live their best lives.
We are advertising for a full-time role, however appointing an exceptional value driven candidate with the best skill set is more important than availability, so we will consider applications for part time employment.
SensesWA celebrates over 125 years of providing world class disability services to the Western Australian community. Every day, we help children, adults, and seniors with a wide range of disabilities reach their full potential.
Snapshot of the Role. The successful applicant will:
- work in a goal directed way with clients and their families as a valuable part of the interdisciplinary team.
play an active role in building capacity for clients to live their best life and reach their goals
- have the opportunity to support a caseload of varied ages, needs and abilities. We value your ideas and innovation and work closely with you to shape your caseload towards your interests, strengths and career goals.
- deliver high-quality evidence informed practice, including but not limited to Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI).
- have the opportunity to enrich clients’ lives using your Speech Pathology skills to support and promote clients’:
- speech, language and communication across everyday activities and routines;
- use of Key Word Sign, low and high tech AAC; and
- successful and safe mealtimes, including dysphagia and paediatric feeding
What you will bring to the role:
Essential Selection Criteria
- A tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology with eligibility to be registered by Speech Pathology Australia.
- Demonstrated ability in assessment of speech, language and communication skills.
- Experience in successful planning, evaluation and delivery of intervention strategies for people with complex communication needs, including but not limited to alternate and augmentative communication, and people with dysphagia.
- Effective time management, caseload management
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and a commitment to, the Disability Service Standards.
Culture and Benefits
SensesWA is a fun, caring and motivating place to work with supportive, passionate and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving your goals. Your work will be challenging and rewarding, and you will be supported to develop both personally and professionally. Our team has a strong focus on professional development and career progression, including regular supervision with our experienced Senior Speech Pathologists and opportunities for Seniors to provide supervision and mentoring. All therapists have the opportunity to pursue Advanced Practitioner roles in areas of specialty.
You will also have access to the following workplace benefits:
- A competitive salary that reflects your skills and experience
- Flexible working conditions that work for you including working from home.(Senses understands that life doesn’t fit into a 9-5 box)
- Clinical and effective supervision and support
- Up to $15,900 per annum tax free
- Up to 8 weeks purchased leave (pro-rata) in addition to the 4 weeks annual leave (pro-rata)
- 5 days and $500 professional development per annum (pro-rata)
- Up to 5 hours per week of paid study leave towards a higher qualification (pro-rata)
- 2 days wellness leave per annum (pro-rata)
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Free flu shot each year
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts and benefits from our corporate partners
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Company car use or mileage reimbursement.
Feedback from a SensesWA Therapist: “I have never been in a better work environment. The flexibility that Senses gives me allows me to meet the needs of my clients as well as my own needs for work life balance. I have been at Senses for 4 years now and have never looked back.” (Emily, Speech Pathologist).
How to Apply:
Click Apply Now and follow the prompts.
For quick apply option or of you would like someone to call you back quick apply here: https://www.senseswa.com.au/quick_apply. Have a look at our website while you are there.
If you would like a full copy of the position description please email South West Metro Team Clinical Services Manager Natalie on Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4 pm on Monday 25th October 2021
SensesWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages social and cultural diversity. SensesWA welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, people with disability, refugee status and members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
We seek to provide workplace adjustments at all relevant stages of the recruitment process such as interpreters, alternative formats or other access supports. You can specify in the application form if you require any adjustments or please ask us at any stage. If you need to contact us about making workplace adjustments during the recruitment process please send an email to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.