SensesWA is growing. Join us.
Occupational Therapist or Senior Occupational Therapist
Senior Permanent Part- time or Entry level Permanent Full-time or Part-time Negotiable
Are you a new graduate, established or Senior Occupational Therapist who thinks “outside the box”, has a passion for disability and the drive to attain a rewarding Occupational Therapy career?.... then we’re looking for you.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our Wheatbelt team. You may choose to be based in our wheatbelt hub in Northam, or to work from one of our metro Hubs with regular outreach trips (Edgewater, Morley or Burswood with Armadale and Jandakot) . SensesWA’s therapists have a community-based role delivering interventions where the clients live their lives, in family homes, schools and other appropriate local contexts and environments.
You will work closely with a dedicated and supportive team of therapists, providing person centred and evidence-based support to our clients in the Wheatbelt region. Our goal is for our clients to live their best lives.
We celebrate over 125 years of providing world class disability services to the Western Australian community. Every day, we help children and adults with a wide range of disabilities reach their full potential.
Snapshot of the Role. The successful applicant will:
- work in a goal directed way with clients and their families alongside the interdisciplinary team.
- play an active role in building capacity for clients to live their best life.
- enrich clients’ lives using your highly developed occupational therapy skills to support and promote clients’:
- participation in activities of daily living, including self-care / independence skills, play, learning, work, recreation and relationships / social connections
- access to assistive technology to enhance their engagement within natural, everyday environments.
- have the opportunity to support a varied caseload. We value your ideas and innovation and work closely with you to shape your caseload towards your interests and strengths.
- deliver high-quality evidence informed practice, including but not limited to Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI).
What you will bring to the role
1. A tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy and registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
2. Experience in assessment of occupation and activities of daily living including self-care and independence, play, movement, school / work participation, social relationships and environmental access.
3. Experience in successful planning, evaluation and delivery of intervention strategies for people with complex disability needs, together with their family and caregivers, most often in a natural
environment community setting.
4. Effective time management, caseload management and problems-solving skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, be solutions focused, resolve conflict and work collaboratively within a team.
6. Demonstrated understanding of, and a commitment to, the Disability Service Standards.
Culture and Benefits
SensesWA is a fun, caring and motivating place to work with supportive, passionate, and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving your goals. Your work will be challenging and rewarding, and you will be supported to develop both personally and professionally. Our team has a strong focus on professional development and career progression, including regular supervision with our experienced Senior Occupational Therapists and opportunities for Seniors to provide supervision and mentoring. All therapists have the opportunity to pursue clinical lead roles in areas of speciality, including Advanced Practitioner Titling.
You will also have access to the following workplace benefits:
- A competitive salary that reflects your skills and experience.
- Flexible working conditions that work for you, including working from home. (Senses understands that life doesn’t fit into a 9-5 box).
- Effective supervision and support in all aspects of clinical and professional life.
- Up to $15,900 per annum tax free salary packaging.
- Up to 8 weeks purchased leave (pro-rata) in addition to 4 weeks annual leave (pro-rata).
- 5 days and $500 professional development per annum (pro-rata).
- Up to 5 hours/ week study leave towards a higher qualification (pro-rata).
- 2 days wellness leave per annum (pro-rata).
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Free on-site parking.
- Discounts and benefits from our corporate partners.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family.
- Company car use or mileage reimbursement.
Feedback from a SensesWA Therapist: “I have never been in a better work environment. The flexibility that Senses gives me allows me to meet the needs of my clients as well as my own needs for work life balance. I have been at Senses for 4 years now and have never looked back.” (Emily, Speech Pathologist).
How to Apply:
Click Apply now and follow the prompts.
Want someone to give you a call back? Quick apply here: https://www.senseswa.com.au/quick_apply and have a look at our website while you are there.
If you would like a full copy of the position description. Please email Wheatbelt Clinical Services Manager Sarah Whitehouse on email@example.com
Applications close 4 pm on Monday 25th October 2021
SensesWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages social and cultural diversity. SensesWA welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, people with disability, refugee status and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We seek to provide workplace adjustments at all relevant stages of the recruitment process such as interpreters, alternative formats or other access supports. You can specify in the application form if you require any adjustments or please ask us at any stage. If you need to contact us about making workplace adjustments during the recruitment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.