SensesWA is growing. Join us.
Permanent Part-time 0.4 FTE
Are you a Psychologist who thinks ‘outside the box’, has a passion for disability and the drive to attain a rewarding Psychology career? …. We’re looking for You.
We are looking for a Psychologist (Counselling, Provisional, Registered or Clinical) to join our Wheatbelt Team. You may choose to be based in our wheatbelt hub in Northam, or to work from one of our metro Hubs with regular outreach trips (Edgewater, Morley or Burswood with Armadale and Jandakot). SensesWA’s therapists have a community-based role delivering interventions where the clients live their lives, in family homes, schools and other appropriate local contexts and environments.
We celebrate over 125 years of providing world class disability services to the Western Australian community. Every day, we help children and adults with a wide range of disabilities reach their full potential.
Snapshot of the Role. The successful applicant will:
- work in a client-centred way directly with clients and their families within the transdisciplinary team.
- play an active role in building capacity and helping clients to achieve their set goals using flexible and adaptable counselling and focused psychological interventions
- have the opportunity to support a varied caseload. We value your ideas and innovation and work closely with you to shape your caseload towards your interests and strengths. Caseload would include children, youth and adults with a disability or multiple disabilities.
- help clients improve and maintain their mental health and wellbeing
- deliver high quality evidence -informed practice, including but not limited to Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI).
- have the opportunity to choose to work within the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) team across the lifespan with clients.
What you will bring to the role
- A tertiary qualification in Psychology, with eligibility for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner’s Registration Authority (AHPRA).
- A sound knowledge of key psychological theories and ethical considerations in the treatment of people across the lifespan.
- Ability to assess needs, plan, implement, deliver and evaluate person-centred evidence-based services.
- Effective time management, caseload management and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively within a fast-paced multidisciplinary team and a commitment to reflective practice.
- Comprehensive understanding of, and commitment to the Professional Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct and the National Standards for Disability Services.
Culture and Benefits
SensesWA is a fun, caring and motivating place to work with supportive, passionate, and friendly colleagues and leaders who value your contribution and share your commitment to achieving your goals. Your work will be challenging and rewarding, and you will be supported to develop both personally and professionally. Our team has a strong focus on professional development and career progression, including regular supervision with our experienced Senior Psychologists and opportunities for Seniors to provide supervision for Provisional Psychologists. All therapists have the opportunity to pursue Advanced Practitioner roles in areas of specialty.
You will also have access to the following workplace benefits:
- A competitive salary that reflects your skills and experience
- Flexible working conditions that work for you including working from home. (Senses understands that life doesn’t fit into a 9-5 box)
- Structured and regular internal clinical and supervision and support
- Financial allowances and time allocation to complete any registration requirements and supervision as part of an internship under AHPRA.
- Opportunities for career progression through mentoring and Advanced Practitioner status
- Up to $15,900 per annum tax free
- Up to 8 weeks purchased leave (pro-rata) in addition to the four weeks per annum Annual Leave
- 5 days and $500 professional development per annum (pro-rata)
- 2 days wellness leave per annum
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Company car use or mileage reimbursement
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Free on-site parking
- Discounts and benefits from our corporate partners
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Access to extensive resources and equipment including a range of hardcopy and online assessments, tools and therapeutic resources.
Feedback from a Senses Therapist Emily: “I have never been in a better work environment. The flexibility that Senses gives me allows me to meet the needs of my clients as well as my own needs for work life balance. I have been at Senses for 4 years now and have never looked back.”
How to Apply:
Click Apply now and follow the prompts.
Want someone to give you a call back? Quick apply here: https://www.senseswa.com.au/quick_apply and have a look at our website while you are there.
If you would like a full copy of the position description. Please email Wheatbelt Clinical Services Manager Sarah Whitehouse on email@example.com
Applications close 4 pm on Monday 25th October 2021
SensesWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages social and cultural diversity. SensesWA welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, people with disability, refugee status and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We seek to provide workplace adjustments at all relevant stages of the recruitment process such as interpreters, alternative formats or other access supports. You can specify in the application form if you require any adjustments or please ask us at any stage. If you need to contact us about making workplace adjustments during the recruitment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.