Construction Manager - Renewable Energy
Doosan GridTech® delivers innovative solutions to electric utilities, helping them turn distributed energy resources such as energy storage and solar PV into valuable contributors to grid reliability and economics. We aim to be the global leader in delivering technology solutions for the emerging digital, distributed grid, a critical component of the world’s clean energy future.
Doosan GridTech has an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced Construction Manager to join our growing Australian team. Use your technical and construction management skills to help deliver next-generation distributed energy resource solutions, including energy storage and solar, for the electric power system, and see your solutions deployed with real-world customers who are incorporating distributed energy resources into the grid. Reporting to Manager – Project Delivery.
This is a fixed term contract role until December 2022. The ideal candidate will be based in or around Canberra and can travel to, and live on project site based in ACT, on the following arrangement of 5 days on 2 days off.
Please note: only candidates with Australian Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency will be considered for this opportunity.
We require strong construction management skills and experience with projects that focus on coordination and quality control of energy system construction. Desired capabilities are a strong plus. Job responsibilities and qualifications follow.
- Experience as Construction Manager delivering major construction projects, managing pre-construction through to handover with full responsibility from commercial and operational perspective (ideally with Australian power utility companies with focus on substation projects involved electrical and civil works) a strong plus.
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills.
- Ability to provide constructability review for battery energy storage projects.
- Experience coordinating effective labour resource plans for site, logistics and delivery of materials to remain close to project deadlines and coordination of site services between subcontractors.
- Experience operating and implementing site work programme, managing sub-contractors and reporting.
- Experience creating effective and efficient project milestone processes to ensure projects are finished on time and within budget.
- Ability to work effectively in an independent and autonomous manner.
- Ability to work with a small, fast-paced team to deliver customer value.
- Strong understanding of contracts and logistics coordination.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Innovative approach to problem solving.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent team and collaborative skills.
- Detailed knowledge and experience working with construction of Electrical Transmission & Substation projects
- Provide weekly and monthly construction report to the Manager – Project Delivery and Senior Project Manager on the progress of the project, highlight any risks and mitigation proposals to deliver the project within schedule and budgets.
- On site reporting to Customer Site Manager (in the event of emergency, accident, escalation, permit, risk), ability to manage relationship, attend regular site meetings.
- Organise regular/weekly site meeting with contractors, develop and improve large scale site management process.
- Ability to operate independently on site, whilst carrying Doosan value, ethics; able to adapt and influence multinational team and working in regional location of Australia.
- Collaborate with vendors, partners and Doosan GridTech team to deliver solutions to customer problems.
- Manage the quality control of solutions being delivered by Doosan GridTech. This is providing requirements to the engineering team to provide quality control of the deliverables. Regular on site audit and ensure construction quality is according to approved design and standards.
- Efficiently and effectively track issues throughout the construction phase of the project.
- Evaluate change orders and milestone claims.
- Oversee Subcontractors and Suppliers, including reviewing the quality and progress of subcontractors’ work, and issuance of non-compliance to contractors if necessary.
- Overall accountability for site activities including OH&S; ensuring adherence to building legislation and assessing risk/standards of performance.
- Organise and manage site inductions if and when necessary.
- Maintain compliance with specifications and standards. Preference will be given to Utility, Council Construction Standards.
- Ensure the construction team comply with systems adopted on the project
- Bachelors level or Tertiary qualifications in relevant industry; Construction Management or Engineering)
- 3-5+ years of experience working on major construction projects managing pre-construction to handover essential.
- Registered professional as a PMP, CPPM (AIPM), CPEng, NER, RPEQ or equivalent post graduate studies in relevant discipline are highly regarded.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible, open work policy
- Work on groundbreaking battery energy storage projects
About Doosan GridTech
At Doosan GridTech, we believe that enduring economic growth and environmental healing start with a resilient, low-carbon power grid. We are a multi-disciplined team of power system engineers, software developers, and turnkey energy storage specialists. We help utility-scale power producers evaluate, procure, integrate, control, and optimize energy storage, solar power, and other renewable power resources.
Our battery storage experts in Seattle, Melbourne, and Seoul have designed, built, and provided flexible controls for nearly 35 installations in the Americas and Asian-Pacific regions – representing over 320MW of capacity.
Our parent company, Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd., is a multibillion-dollar global conglomerate that serves power and industrial markets.
Doosan GridTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- How far are you willing to travel for work?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a construction manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.