About Argyle Housing
Argyle Housing is a community-managed, not-for-profit, housing organisation. Our main objective is to provide and manage secure, sustainable housing for people on low to moderate incomes who would otherwise struggle to find accommodation and for disadvantaged people who need support in order to maintain independent living. As a community housing service provider we are responsive to local needs and are committed to building sustainable communities in areas of need. Housing services include tenancy management and maintenance.
We are looking for someone who can help us deliver high levels of tenant satisfaction and who can demonstrate actions that will reflect the values that Argyle Housing places on its people, teamwork and our commitment to superior customer service.
The Team Leader reports to the Operations Manager and is located at our Campbelltown Office. As our Team Leader you will work as part of a local team with your main focus being: managing a team that report directly to you, to achieve their KPI’s and targets, as well as providing coaching and training and mentoring on best practice to provide a great customer service to our tenants.
This role will be responsible for but not limited to: (Please see Team Leader Position Description for further responsibilities.
- The day to day operations of the Campbelltown Argyle Housing office
- Managing a team of 7 Argyle Housing employees
- Ensuring your team are meeting the strategic objectives in Argyle Housing’s strategic plan
- Monitoring progress towards goals and KPI’s
- Planning for achieving any KPI’s and goals set by Argyle Housing and your team.
- Ensuring properties are tenanted and in good condition.
- Managing arrears in the Campbelltown Argyle Housing office and supporting your team to manage their portfolios.
- Managing and responding to complaints and appeals
- Reporting performance of the Campbelltown team to the Operations Manager
- Networking with internal and external stakeholders
- Attending internal and external meetings to improve knowledge and promote transparency and positive communication.
- Training and mentoring your staff and any new staff.
- Efficient and effective management of all tenancy management requirements including inspections, repairs and maintenance, vacancies, applications and rent collection in line with organisation policy and procedures
- Timely and accurate record keeping of tenancy management functions and client interactions
- Manage and report on tenant feedback and escalate as required, utilising relevant policies and procedures including complaints and appeals
- Sound and up to date knowledge surrounding changes to laws and regulations affecting tenancy management; including knowledge of Residential Tenancies Act
- Build and nurture relationships with support providers that provide the best quality supports for Argyle clients and ensure clear referral pathways for those experiencing housing or personal crisis
Selection Criteria/Essential Skills - To ensure success in this position, you must have:
- Strong background in property management, or a solid understanding of social housing policy, procedures, products and options.
- Solid knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and its application—and be up-to-date with changes to laws and regulations affecting tenancy management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Community minded approach
- Able to work autonomously, with limited direction
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications
- Drivers licence and willingness to travel to other sites
- Strong reporting skills and planning skills
A few benefits of working at Argyle Housing
- Generous salary
- Not-for-Profit salary sacrifice options in addition to the tax free threshold
- 17.5% leave loading
- Staff Recognition and Rewards Scheme
- Annual staff Wellbeing Allowance
- Volunteer leave
This is an excellent opportunity for those seeking a satisfying and fulfilling role within a supportive team environment, whilst making a positive contribution to the community.
For full job details, download a position description from our website: https://argylehousing.com.au/about-us/careers/
It is a requirement of this position that applicants who apply must have or must be willing to apply for a valid National Police Check, a Working with Children Check and a valid Vulnerable Persons Check
Next Steps - Send your CV, together with a cover letter addressing each of the ‘selection criteria’ to Cherie via Seek. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you DO NOT address the selection criteria in your cover letter, your application will not be considered.
Applications Close: 22 October 2021 or prior if right candidate is found.
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.