About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a PHP Developer to join our team. In this role you will be overseeing the development and maintenance of our back-end infrastructure to support our customer-facing front end and range of IoT devices.
You will be part of the DIT team that is motivated to work together through collaboration and determination. The mentality of "rolling up your sleeves" and being part of a business that is rapidly growing and expanding is expected and provides you with an opportunity to be part of its future.
This role is based at DIT’s Technical Production facility in Townsville, QLD. You will have an opportunity to gain experience with satellite communication and IoT devices. You will get the chance to lead projects while also being involved with the planning and implementation of new projects. This role has the great advantage of on the job training and career development as you will work with and learn from industry experts. And with AgTech being one of the fastest growing industries, the opportunity to gain experience in this sector will be invaluable.
The core purpose of DIT AgTech is to ‘enable farmers to produce more with less’. We are prioritising the development and innovation of technology that will allow farmers to produce the food that is required for the growing population. DIT has been working closely with the agriculture industry to create a solution that allows producers an opportunity to have a more economical and sustainable business operation.
DIT is a solutions driven organisation with a unified team that shoots for the stars in every aspect of the business. We do this knowing that if we miss the mark then we will land on a lofty mountain. This job is not for those who are just looking to fill in time and collect a wage, this position is for people who are the doers, the people who are a bit crazy and the people who want to actually change the world.
DIT AgTech encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply as we are a diverse and multi-cultural business.
- Take responsibility of maintaining, updating, and taking control of our new Laravel and React based Projects
- Able to convert business requirements into a production ready code
- An eye for quality and efficient coding (can identify good code and code that smells bad)
- Able to manage large number of small tasks/ Jira tickets
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and a desire to change technology
- Dedicated in writing clean, efficient, and testable code
- Be collaborative with a team of fellow developers
- Take responsibility of making new internal systems to support the growth of DIT
Skills and Experience:
- Desired 2-4 years of experience with PHP/ Laravel but not mandatory, successful applicant needs to showcase industry and programming best practices
- Desired 1 year experience with ReactJS but not mandatory
- Ability to manage and lead several different projects simultaneously
- Strong foundational knowledge in OOP concepts, S.O.L.I.D principles
- Preferred framework is Laravel alongside React as Frontend
- MySQL Optimization techniques such as lazy loading, partial loading, minimising API calls
- Any version controlling experience, GitHub will be addon
- Strong grip on JS concepts, familiar with ES6
- Experienced with REST API, highly desirable
- The courage and professional maturity to have principled, evidence-based discussion of multiple approaches to a single challenge
- Strong problem-solving skills and quick learner who can adapt to different technologies
- Exposure to AWS infrastructure will be plus
- Creative and collaborative
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed].
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.