Early Childhood Practitioner (Psychology, Social Work, Developmental Educator)
Kudos Services is the official NDIS Partner in South Australia for early intervention services for children 0-6 years. We are a bold, brave and ambitious organisation built on the belief that every child, young person and their family has the right to belong to a supportive community that understands them. At Kudos Services, take pride in having a supportive and positive workplace culture to ensure you love where you work. In addition, we are proudly an employee-led and public service mutual. We pride ourselves in empowering our staff to actively participate in decision-making and governance.
About the role
We are looking for qualified Psychologists, Social Workers or Developmental Educators who believe in making a genuine and positive impact in the lives of children in the community.
You will be a part of our Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) team partnering with families to assess their child's needs and make recommendations about the best plan and strategy going forward. This role would be right for someone who wants to put their previous therapy experience to use. This role will involve a mixture of both face-to-face assessments of children and office-based administrative tasks.
In this role you will:
- Assist children, families, carers and community with information to further understand what the NDIS is and how it applies to understanding their child’s developmental needs and services available to them.
- Assess and accurately report the functional impact of a child's developmental delay to assist in the preparation of applications for access to the NDIS scheme with regards to early intervention.
- Assess and prioritise needs to clearly and concisely summarise relevant information to make recommendations to support NDIS plan approval.
- Conduct first plan and review planning conversations with clients – over the phone and in person.
- Liaise and work cooperatively with key stakeholders to successfully implement NDIS plans.
- Demonstrate a consistent drive to making a positive difference empowering the lives of children, their families, carers and the wider community at large.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Psychology as well as eligibility for AHPRA registration or relevant qualifications in Social Work or Developmental Education
- Experience working within Allied Health, NDIS and with children highly desirable
- Experience supporting children and families using a key worker, family-centred and capacity building model by translating professional advice into practical strategies and routines for families.
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to prepare high quality written reports, and other documentation as required within tight timeframes.
Kudos Services is a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal Australians or Torres Strait Islander and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
We currently have positions available in both our Unley or Elizabeth offices. Apply now via Seek and include a Cover Letter & Resume in your application, please specify which location you are applying for.
For further information about the role or Kudos Services, please feel free to contact Tom, the Talent Acquisition Specialist on 08 8490 3620 or tom.defazio(at)kudosservices.com.au.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.