pitt&sherry is one of Australia's most dynamic consulting engineering companies. Formed in 1963, pitt&sherry has grown into a multi-discipline team of professional consultants servicing national transport, industrial, and community infrastructure markets. We provide expert design, analysis, modelling, planning and other consultancy services to a range of clients locally and interstate. We employ over 290 staff with offices in Launceston, Hobart, Devonport, Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane.
We are experiencing high demand for our transport and civil engineering services and are seeking an experienced, committed and talented Senior Civil Designer to be based in our Brisbane office.
What we offer:
The successful candidate can expect:
- Project variety in terms of size, cost and technical requirements
- Variety of long standing client relationships with a steady inflow of project work
- Friendly office environment
- Experienced team members to offer on the job training and support
- A competitive remuneration package
- Flexible working environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career progression
- Great central location close to transport
The successful applicant will have:
- An Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering, or equivalent qualification
- Strong road and infrastructure design skills
- Previous Department of Transport and Main Roads (Queensland) and Local Government road infrastructure design experience
- Good working knowledge and experience with 12d
- A proven track record in the production of high quality outputs with particular emphasis on design transport infrastructure
- A thorough knowledge of drafting standards is essential, with experience in road authority standards being an advantage for taking the in lead in production of drawings for transport infrastructure projects including - roads, drainage, pavements and traffic facilities
- A working knowledge of the development interfaces for AutoCAD
- Proven verbal and writing skills along with strong computer literacy is essential.
What you will do:
We are looking for a Senior Civil Designer who has around 7-15 years' experience to work on a number of different transport and civil projects generally in South East Queensland with work at times across the East Coast from our Brisbane office. We are ideally seeking candidates who are always up for a challenge and enjoy working in a fast-paced project environment.
At pitt&sherry, we are committed to fostering a culture which values taking a sustainable approach in all that we do, empowering our people to achieve great outcomes through team work, collaboration and the freedom to be self directed in delivering on client needs. You will be supported by an excellent training / development scheme and a comprehensive salary / benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience to attract the right candidate.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace
We welcome and encourage applications from women as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, mature workers, LGBTI+ people and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Please express your interest in the role by applying via Seek by clicking on the “Apply for this job” button above with your CV and cover letter.
** Previous applicants need not to apply**
**The applicant must have the legal right for full-time work in Australia**
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a civil designer?
- Have you completed a qualification in civil engineering?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.