Who is Certsy?
Owned by SEEK and operating as an independent start-up, Certsy is creating Australia's leading digital wallet for verified credentials. We want to improve the integrity of the job search process by helping candidates to securely verify their skills and credentials and allowing employers to shortlist with greater confidence. Our grand ambition is to make it simple and secure to verify and share personal information while respecting the privacy and security of both individuals and organisations. See https://certsy.com [link removed].
What does the role involve?
Working in one of our autonomous, cross-functional squads, you will make a significant technical contribution to the successful delivery of the various business priorities as well as continuous improvement of our technical platforms. As part of the Certsy team, you'll enjoy working in a start-up culture with the backing and support of a larger company. We are hardworking, open-minded and passionate about crafting phenomenal products and delivering real value for our users. You'll play a meaningful role in:
· Helping build, maintain and improve our platforms
· Protecting the security and privacy of the user data
· Integrating with partners and authorities
· Have real involvement in the business direction of the product
Some of the technology we're using includes:
· React, TypeScript and Node.js
· React Native
· GraphQL and Apollo
· PostgreSQL and Redis
· All aspects of AWS
Who are we looking for?
For this role, we have a very open mind in terms of specific work experience. If you have the right mindset and capabilities, then we strongly encourage you to apply. Here are some things we would regard highly:
· Significant frontend development experience (React would be nice)
· Pride yourself on strong fundamentals and software craftsmanship
· Passionate about writing testable, effective and communicative code
· Able to architect and build highly available, scalable, secure and performant systems
· Good understanding of data modeling, design patterns, and ability to make decent trade-offs
· Strong knowledge of data and application security
· Strong knowledge of and experience with mobile development (React Native would be nice)
· Solid experience in agile software development practices
As a team member we value the following traits:
· Curiosity and joy in learning new things (if you don't know something - you find out. If you can't do something - you learn)
· A keen interest in the overall business context and building great user experiences
Nice to have (but not essential):
· Experience in a start-up / scale-up environment
· Experience with identity or document verification and compliance
What other perks & benefits do we offer?
As part of the SEEK family, all Certsy employees enjoy a range of benefits, including:
· Profit Share, Employee Share Scheme, Free income protection insurance, the ability to purchase additional annual leave and more!
· Regular hackathons, coding dojos, code golf sessions and other coding skills improvement activities.
· We do monthly team trivia, play CS:GO every other Friday and do other fun team activities regularly (e.g. board games, BBQs etc.).
· Free travel insurance locally and internationally (once overseas travel is back) for you & your family
Note that due to COVID-19 we're all currently working fully remote. But that aside we are and have always been committed to having a flexible and inclusive work environment. This role can be done full-time, part-time with flexibility to start times, end times and work from home arrangements. If you've got the right skills, attitude, and dedication, then we're happy to explore how we can flex to fit around your other responsibilities or constraints.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.