If you have a burning passion to design and produce the most innovative, compelling, multisensory visitor experiences then here is your rare opportunity to join one of the world’s leading companies in this space.
- Proven portfolio of creative development of physical/spatial experiences in an exhibition/experience setting.
- Proven ability to manage fast paced creative workloads; inspire, assist, nurture, delegate, hold accountable and lead the team by example when needed.
- Can do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile to achieve excellence.
- Strong Pre-Visualisation skills – ability to create high quality renders (still and video fly-throughs). VR/ Gaming Engine Pre-Vis an advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly in presentation design (InDesign) and artwork creation.
- An understanding and appreciation of fine art.
- Proven experience in the ability to manage multiple tasks and creative briefs simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Highly organised
- Ability to effectively manage a process and when necessary overcome barriers to meet deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of an interdependent team with owner, managers, Grande staff, suppliers, host partners and outside contractors
- Integrity, openness, honesty, timeliness, and accountability.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
The role of Exhibition Deisgner has been created specifically to design, develop and produce creative spaces for our portfolio of new and existing touring, multi-sensory experiences. These experience elements include entrance facades, set designs, thematics, spatial design, digital projection, music, aroma, interactive stations, retail and F&B. Van Gogh Alive is an example that has been created by Grande Experiences and it is the most visited multi-sensory experience in the world. Others include Monet & Friends, World of Street Art, Leonardo da Vinci and a new, ground-breaking First Nations cultural experience.
The Exhibition Designer will be responsible for ideation, concept development, pre-production, supplier negotiations and overall build of physical and digital content to deliver the experiences. You will identify the resources, including fulfillment production partners and suppliers, and in consultation with the Head of Creative and the Head of Production, lead the team to deliver your vision for the project.
The experiences include full exhibition layout, including interpretive and introduction/reflection areas, shareable instagramable experience rooms, integrated café and retail design, along with off-site items and props for marketing and promotional use. They will also take in the internal and external theming elements required to complete the full visitor experience.
This role will see you work closely with internal and external curators, institutions who own IP rights, and in-house creative, technical and production teams. You will take the lead to provided raw concepts and develop the physical spaces into a world class immersive experiences.
Ultimately you will be responsible and accountable for budgets and adherence to timelines, as well as the quality of your projects; so quality control and supervision will be required throughout. This is a ‘hands’ on creative and production role and you will work side-by-side with the broader team to deliver.
You will regularly present work in progress to the Head of Creative and The Head of Production, seeking constructive feedback and clarification throughout the entire project.
ABOUT GRANDE EXPERIENCES
Grande Experiences is a global leader in large scale immersive, touring, multi-sensory experiences and permanent cultural attractions.
For over a decade, Grande has proudly built strong relationships with hundreds of partners and licensees worldwide in 160+ cities across 6 continents. To date, Grande has exhibited over 210 times in 32 languages to 20m+ visitors.
Head-quartered in Melbourne, Australia, with offices in the UK and Europe, Grande Experiences also owns and operates THE LUME Melbourne, THE LUME Indianapolis (in partnership with the Museum of Art) and Museo Leonardo da Vinci, an iconic cultural attraction in the heart of Rome.
Please apply with a cover letter, current CV and showreel/portfolio.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.