ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Bickford’s Group is an independently owned collection of companies based in Adelaide, South Australia. From humble beginnings back in 1839, we now have a footprint in over 39 countries.
The team at Bickford's are proud to offer the highest quality alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage products to consumers, bringing them both tradition and cutting edge innovations. Everyone at the Bickford’s Group of companies strives to deliver upon the corporate values of integrity, empowerment, collaboration, pride and accountability.
With our on-site production lines, we are able to produce still and carbonated beverages, from 50mL to 5L, in a range of packaging formats from glass to PET to aluminium cans. In 2019 we opened our new high-speed $20m beverage production line. We are one of the few in Australia to feature aseptic filling technology for PET bottled products.
Are you up for the challenge? To be successful you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a food, beverage or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Understanding and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Products and engineering programs such as CAD
- Strong leadership skills to train and mentor cross functional teams
- Strong mechanical and programming skills
- Demonstrated strong planning and organising abilities
- Robust communication and relationship skills
- The ability to entrench lean manufacturing principles in all ways of working
- The ability to think strategically
- Competence with troubleshooting
- An understanding of machinery and equipment processes
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Engineering Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager and is part of the Operations Leadership Team. With two direct reports the role is responsible for the engineering, capital and continuous improvement works at our Salisbury South facility, as well as supporting the Operations Department across various sites with capital works.
To be successful in the role you will draw on your learnings from a successful engineering career and will have the ability to develop and apply world class manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing principles, share expertise and provide leadership and develop cost effective short- and long-term engineering solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee projects and engage with the operations team to ensure Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies
- Providing leadership and guidance to the engineering team, within a time-sensitive and demanding environment
- Scoping out projects and feasibility assessments
- Preparing concise and comprehensive project plans and justifications
- Support departments with effective handover of projects, i.e., supplier/ contractors support in the training and initial settling of plant/ equipment
- Maintain regular contact with departments, ensuring they are kept abreast of projects
- Lead, manage and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Developing short and long term engineering solutions to operational issues
- Partner with and regularly engage with the Operations Leadership Team
- Identifying CI opportunities
- Supporting new product development
- Work with governmental and other agencies to ensure compliance.
Regional travel is required.
Check out our current projects of a microbrewery in McLaren Vale SA and aseptic and PET packaging at Salisbury South on our websites.
TO APPLY AND OBTAIN FURTHER INFORMATION
To apply please submit your resume by Wednesday 13 October 2021. For further information about the Company please visit our websites:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Engineering Manager?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.