Rheinmetall NIOA Munitions Pty Ltd (RNM) is a joint venture between Rheinmetall Waffe Munitions and NIOA Pty Ltd. We are establishing a forging and manufacturing facility that will produce artillery shell cases and other munitions-related products for supply to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and for export to allied nations around the world via Rheinmetall’s global supply chain.
Our state-of-the-art plant is a brand-new factory located in Maryborough West, QLD. Building construction is due for completion in 2021 which will then progress to design, procurement & installation of equipment through to commissioning and production of first article. We currently have a small, dynamic project team that is due to expand up to 100 operational team members over the course of the next two to five years.
What are we looking for?
Rheinmetall NIOA Munitions seek applicants who align with the company’s way of working including safety, teamwork, integrity, innovation and excellence. This creates a workplace where we value, respect and look out for each other, where we collectively deliver exceptional service and are continually challenged to grow and be successful. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment. We aim to build a work team of employees with varying gender, age, race, ethnicity, professional and cultural backgrounds.
RNM are looking to add Quality Inspectors to our project team, who, under general direction from the Quality Engineer and in collaboration with the Line Managers and operations, will be responsible for providing quality control and technical support to the various processes across the entire manufacturing line. Accountabilities include product verification, process monitoring, and operator training in conducting stage inspection.
- Support the Quality Engineer and the Quality Technician to establish the full suite of quality processes and documentation to achieve and maintain ISO accreditation.
- Contribute to uphold RNM Quality Policy and meet company’s quality objectives and strategic plans.
- Provide and maintain stage Inspection plans and manufacturing work instructions.
- Facilitate and coordinate product / process improvement systems and contribute to the development of these systems.
- Provide QC and Quality System training to operational personnel to meet RNM operations quality support requirements.
- Undertake internal auditing in accordance with RNM’s QMS maintenance requirements.
- Provide process improvement support and contribute to the implementation and maintenance of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure raw material & process traceability is maintained across the value chain in accordance with customer and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Co-ordinate and maintain currency of calibration of inspection equipment in accordance with company processes.
- Perform quality control of products per inspection plan requirements and generate necessary inspection reports.
- Initiate non-conformance reports as required, follow up with containment and corrective measures to ensure adherence to established processes and product compliance requirements.
- Open and pro-active communication for sharing and handover of information to operational team members. May include support to the Line Manager for toolbox talks/VMB talks.
- Support and coach operational team members with quality matters in the work area.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Relevant trade/technical qualification.
- Demonstrated experience, in a similar role, use of conventional metrology equipment on preferably large products in a Manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of ISO9001 QMS.
- Understanding of metrology issues and their impact on measurement process
- Ability to interpret Engineering drawings & develop Inspection Plans & work instructions.
- Relevant internal auditing certification
- Knowledge & intermediate to advanced user of MS Office software
- Above average English - written & verbal
- NDT level 2 (UT) qualification desirable
Skills & Competencies
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Safety & Security
- High ethical standards and integrity in professional and personal dealings
- A strong hands-on mentality
- Process driven but flexible to deliver results
- High regard for quality, safety and continuous improvement
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Flexible and adaptable including ability to work varying shifts & shift-work in a manufacturing environment
- Join an exciting new venture with a dynamic team focused on collaborative, hands-on ways of working for successful outcomes
- Be a part of a founding leadership team at a brand-new facility designed and created for technical excellence and future expansion
- Work in a state-of-the-art facility with brand new equipment, offices and amenities
- Flexibility to provide input into the systems and processes for the operations
- Work for a company that values people, exceptional quality and service
- Excellent opportunity in a regional location in South-East Queensland
- Strong links to the global Rheinmetall community across the world and Nioa throughout Australia
Please email your CV and a brief introductory letter outlining:
- your alignment to working for RNM and our culture;
- your qualifications and experience aligned to our position requirements; and
- your reason for applying for this role in our region to:
- Attention: HR - Quality Inspector Application
By applying for this role, you accept that the following checks will occur:
- Police checks and security checks
- Australian citizenship, permanent residency and rights and availability to work in Australia
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of ISO 9001?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.