Lead Teacher - Sport Development Program (Netball SA & Adelaide Thunderbirds)
SEDA College SA
Lead Teacher - Sport Development Program (Netball)
SEDA College SA is an independent, co-educational senior secondary college (Year 11 and Year 12) designed to engage, educate and empower young people through the power of sport, as they transition from school to employment or further education.
SEDA College SA delivers the SEDA Model, which achieves quality learning outcomes by integrating students’ interests and personalised curriculum with hands on learning that is embedded in the sport industry, alongside peak sporting partners. This nurtures work-ready, mature, resilient and capable young people who, on completing their SACE and VET, are empowered through a range of pathway choices in further education and/or employment.
Due to our current teacher taking a role at a leading independent school, we are currently seeking a qualified and motivated teacher to join our team for a January 2022 start in the role of:
- Lead Teacher - Sport Development Program (full time) - Netball SA/Adelaide Thunderbirds class
Delivering a unique senior secondary provision, the College works directly with high quality sporting partners:
- Adelaide Crows
- SACA and the Adelaide Strikers
- Netball SA and the Adelaide Thunderbirds
- Football South Australia and Adelaide United FC
- Basketball SA, Adelaide 36ers and Adelaide Lightning
Key Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Overall leadership & responsibility for a class program and individual student experience including all matters relating to learning outcomes and student wellbeing
- Co-design of an innovative curriculum under the leadership of the Director of Learning Innovation
- Co-design of an innovative well-being support program under the leadership of the Director of Student Experience
- Lead the delivery and assessment of the SACE with the College's Areas of Study framework
- Oversee the delivery and assessment of VET (leading and supporting the VET instructor to do so)
- Establish and maintain a strong culture in line with the College’s values.
- Lead and support the class Student Mentor to implement personal development strategies with all students
- Lead and direct a Learning Assistant where designated to support all identified students
- Developing and maintaining strong partnerships with key stakeholders (including parents, students, local community, employers and local government);
- Implementing and supporting the relevant Sporting Partner’s strategic plan;
- Committing to continuous self- improvement, and
- Committing to ongoing improvement of provision
Position Requirements (including, but not limited to):
- Current Teacher Registration Board (TRB SA) registration (or ability to gain it);
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40116 (required or willing to obtain prior to 28 January 2022);
- Current Driver’s Licence;
- Current First Aid qualification (including CPR and Anaphylaxis Training) (required or willing to obtain);
- Experience in playing and coaching sport;
- Well-developed written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong and appropriate relationships with young people and adults;
- Ability to be self-motivated;
- Ability and desire to fully engage in a collaborative approach
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with an ability to prioritise and manage workload, meet deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Full appreciation and understanding of young people and how to appropriately support THEIR needs
You will be joining an exciting, growing and vibrant college that has a genuine focus on its people and the attainment of quality performance. This underpins strong outcomes for young people and the successful applicants' role in this will be exciting, challenging, autonomous and ultimately rewarding.
Applicants are required to submit a CV and a covering letter demonstrating how the duties set out in this advert will be undertaken.
Simultaneously, strong applicants will communicate how they will deliver learning through a highly-personalised approach. The inclusion and demonstration of relevant key skills and attributes, which you identify as critical, is essential if you are to be shortlisted.
To apply in strict confidence, please do so through SEEK.
Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to satisfactory references, evidence of qualifications and teaching registration.
Note, this is a permanent ongoing appointment.
Applications close Sunday 24th October 2021 at 11.59 p.m.
Successful applicants will be notified by Sunday 31st October 2021.
Interviews will take place in w/c Monday 8th November 2021
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.