Senior School Teaching Position – Wagga Wagga
Albury Wodonga Community College
Due to expansion of our senior campus, Indie School Wagga Wagga is looking for senior school teaching staff.
This position is ongoing.
Indie School teachers are committed to changing the lives of young people.
The greatest difference between Indie School and many other alternative education settings is that our foundations lay in Adult Education philosophies. Choice, independence, mutual respect and accountability all have a significant role to play.
Smaller class sizes allow students greater opportunity to identify their strengths and work to improve areas in which they lack confidence.
Indie School provides students the opportunity to learn in a supportive environment that uses individualised learning and education plans, tailored to each student's own education / life circumstances. In return for higher levels of self responsibility, the students can enjoy some greater freedoms.
This position has responsibility for developing and delivering stage 6 learning programs, including:
- Preparation and delivery of programs in line with appropriate curriculum.
- Enhancing effectiveness in the classroom through improved teacher knowledge, practice and professional engagement in order to achieve improved standards of teaching and learning.
- Ensuring the most effective use of time and resources in the delivery of classes aligned to student’s individual learning and pathways plans.
- Providing appropriate assessment and feedback about student achievement and progress.
- Promoting the school’s alternative educational and strengths based model to ensure student goals and personal outcomes are achieved with the focus on “Changing the Lives of Young People”.
Teaching duties are aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. Key duties of the teacher may include but are not limited to:
- Identify student learning strengths and needs in line with curriculum and student circumstances.
- Implement innovative programs and teaching strategies to engage students with their learning.
- Work with local community groups and agencies on any ‘linked’ youth programs designed to re-engage students and improve retention rates.
- Develop and deliver senior high school educational programs.
- Meet internal and external assessment and reporting requirements.
- Develop, implement, monitor and regularly update Individual Learning Plans.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries between teaching related and welfare related support, referring students to the Welfare Officer where appropriate.
- Maintain an up to date register of programming and assessment as well as participate in reviews with the Head of School.
- Participate in regular peer observations of classroom teaching practice.
- Follow policies and procedures in all matters.
- Collaborate with the Head of School in the preparation of submissions to funding bodies for program support, as required.
- Collect and maintain statistical data as required by regulatory and funding bodies.
- Undertake other related teaching duties as determined by the Head of School, ACHE Manager or ACHE representative.
The Indie School (through the Albury Wodonga Community College – governing entity) offers Salary Packaging through Maxxia (at PBI level).
Gain tax benefits through Salary Packaging. More information regarding Salary Packaging can be obtained from the Maxxia Website:
How To Apply: please include a 2 page cover letter demonstrating how you meet the position description and key accountabilities, along with a resume of not more than 3 pages.
Please send all enquiries to the Head of School.
Email: email@example.com www.indieschool.edu.au
Applications close: 5th November 2021
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.