The Albury Wodonga Community College is seeking a qualified and experienced Student Welfare & Enrolments Officer to support our Indie School and Indie College programs. This position will be based in Shepparton.
The position is fulltime.
Roles and responsibilities of the Student Welfare & Enrolments Officer include:
- Act as a main support person for senior school aged students aged 15 - 19 years.
- Identify, monitor, and develop intervention strategies for at risk students.
- Liaise with student, carer/parent/guardian and other stakeholders to resolve student issues.
- Assess student needs, facilitate access and negotiate appropriate support and referral to services as required.
- Facilitate student enrolment into Indie School, conduct interviews, assist students and families to complete enrolment paperwork.
- Maintaining student records in line with compliance standards.
- Develop and implement structured welfare programs to support student wellbeing, educate students about safe practices, how to seek further assistance and guidance across a range of welfare related matters.
The successful applicant must possess the following skills, qualifications, knowledge, and experience:
- Demonstrated experience and passion in the provision of individual support and working with young people.
- High level of IT literacy, written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum qualification in Diploma (or higher) in Community Services, Counselling, Youth Work, Social Science, Social Work or related discipline.
- High level of interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- High level of organisational skills and time management.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, and also autonomously and with initiative.
- Current Working with Children's Check (VIC).
- National Police Check
- Current Australian drivers license
Previous experience in a similar role working with senior school years students would be an advantage, however, applicants who can demonstrate the right attitude and initiative to student support will be considered.
The Albury Wodonga Community College offers Salary Packaging through Maxxia (at PBI level). More information regarding Salary Packaging can be obtained from the Maxxia Website:
To apply for this position, please forward your cover letter and current resume via SEEK online. For further enquiries please contact Fiona Roden (Welfare & Enrolments Manager) on 0499 895 019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on 22 October 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.