Casual Educator: 10-20 hours per week
We’re Family Planning Tasmania (FPT). FPT is the leading agency in Tasmania working in the area of sexual and reproductive health. It was established in 1973, and is now a state-wide, not-for-profit organisation providing sexual and reproductive health clinic and education services to all Tasmanians. We love delivering quality education and clinical services and we’re known for being a leading provider of relationships and sexuality education within schools, service organisations, and communities.
We’re looking to secure a new casual Educator. Whilst based at our Glenorchy office near the Hobart CBD, this exciting role will see you focus on education, training, and health promotion outcomes in schools, and reporting through to our Education Manager.
Initially you will be inducted in the delivery of the ‘Growing Up Program’ in local primary schools, and this role requires travel, primarily across the southern region of Tasmania.
We want to hear from you if you have
- Proven ability to develop, implement and evaluate effective education programs.
- Experience in creating and maintaining supportive and safe learning environments.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills and the proven capacity to work effectively as part of a team and engage professionally with colleagues, parents, carer’s, school staff and the broader community.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- A commitment to the ethics and values of Family Planning Tasmania.
- Ability to work flexible hours and days on occasion to support organisational needs.
- Have or be able to obtain a working with vulnerable children check and national police check
- Achievement of an appropriate and relevant tertiary qualification such as teaching and/or industry/professional experience relevant to the position.
- Have access to reliable transport with a current driver’s license
How to apply?
Please apply through seek.com.au. This is a re-advertised role. Previous applicants need not apply. All applications should include a resume and a separate statement with your responses to the selection criteria. Selection criteria can be found in the Position Description located on our website: https://fpt.org.au/health-professionals/working-with-us/
Applications close by 5pm Sunday 24 October 2021. Please note applications may be shortlisted as received as this is an immediate vacancy.
Want to know more?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Educator?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.