Dematec provides a better way to do business through technology and automation solutions. With over 30 years of process expertise, Dematec has become a trusted advisor with a substantial portfolio of solutions across a wide range of industries, such as Defence, Agribusiness, Oil and Gas, Water Management, Utility, Resources, Manufacturing and others.
Dematec’s services range from specification and conceptual design at the outset of a project, through to engineering, manufacturing, installation, commissioning, and ongoing support of production and process equipment.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role operates in a project-based environment that offers new challenges with each assignment.
Integral to the role are your skills and knowledge to:
- design electrical equipment and control systems utilising PLC/HMI/DCS programming
- produce electrical drawings for a range of uses (eg schematics, tender release and fabrication)
- write project engineering documentation and equipment manuals that are compliant with relevant standards, legislation and customer specifications
- peer review all technical drawings and calculations
- support Electricians in the fabrication of electrical items and undertake inspections, FATs and commissioning to verify quality and functional performance
- oversee installation of equipment
- document and deliver training to clients for electrical equipment and control systems
- support the project management function from costings through to shipment of finished goods.
You will have:
- at least 3 years' experience as a qualified engineer, preferably in water, defence, manufacturing or food & beverage industries
- a tertiary qualification in Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic Engineering or Computer Science
- experience working in industries with critical infrastructure and 24/7 operating requirements
- a strong technical background in PLC/HMI/DCS Programming
- a background in the scoping, design and implementation of:
- Telemetry Systems
- Industrial Networking
- an understanding of Industrial IOT applications
- a working knowledge of relevant Australian Standards including AS4024 (Safety of Machinery) and AS3000 Wiring Rules
- experience delivering against project schedules
- strong written and oral communication skills coupled with experience writing technical documents
- the ability to produce unblemished clearances for DCSI and the defence sector.
- be available to travel inter- and intra-state.
- can work without direct supervision and has experience in tutoring graduate engineers.
- unrestricted electrical license (A Class)
- experience in Electrical design and drafting, experience in SCADA scoping, design, build and deployment (ie Citect, Clear SCADA, Factory Talk, Ignition)
What's on offer?
At Dematec we take pride in seeing our people develop their careers in a supportive and friendly environment. A remuneration package for the successful applicant will be negotiated based on experience and skills.
How to apply
If you would like to explore your future at Dematec in this exciting role, submit your resume and cover letter via the Apply Now button below. Please ensure your application addresses the above criteria.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.