Engeny Water Management is one of the largest specialist water consultancies in Australia. From water resource planning, flood management and water network planning through to detailed design of water infrastructure including construction phase services and approvals, Engeny manages and designs for all stages of the water cycle. Due to sustained, long-term business growth, we are seeking an Experienced or Senior Engineer with 4+ years’ experience to assist with the design of water and civil infrastructure including retarding basins, small dams, flood levees, drainage and general civil works.
The general role of this position includes:
- Undertaking and reviewing technical works for water and civil infrastructure projects.
- Developing and reviewing design documentation including design reports, technical specifications, drawings, BOQ’s and cost estimates.
- Liaising with clients.
- Project management and assistance with delivery and coordination of projects.
- Working from our Newcastle office with opportunities to work on projects with our Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Toowoomba offices for a variety of government, development and mining clients.
We seek an experienced engineer with the following attributes:
- A tertiary civil or environmental engineering degree (or similar) is essential.
- Experience in civil design of water and civil infrastructure including retarding basins, small dams, flood levees, drainage and general civil works (essential).
- Chartered engineer status (CPEng) highly regarded.
- Motivated and able to work independently, with support from senior staff and colleagues.
- Leadership qualities with good communication skills.
- Experience managing design projects.
- Client focused and able to effectively identify the client’s requirements and provide deliverables that are tailor-made to the client.
Engeny operates in partnership with our clients, empowers our staff and thrives on a performance-based culture. Our business is employee-owned with ownership shared between more than 70 per cent of our staff and we offer:
- Excellent remuneration, benefits and potential shareholding opportunities.
- Newcastle CBD location.
- A wide variety of great project work across the water cycle with opportunities to work with multiple disciplines across a diverse range of industries and clients.
- A high-performing team-work culture with performance-based rewards.
- Structured career development, CPEng support, external training opportunities and exposure to business and client relationship management.
- An active and vibrant Young Professionals Group with regular social events and technical development sessions.
- A professional senior mentor for all interested staff and access to Employee Assistance Program.
- Onboarding Program providing peer support to new starters in an informal, “buddy” context.
- Paid primary carer leave.
- Flexible start and finish times.
- Interstate offices in Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia, and opportunity to travel for project work.
If the above sounds like you, please apply. To find out more about Engeny, please visit https://www.engeny.com.au/
Engeny does not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.