Bindaree Food Group (BFG) is a vertically integrated supply chain business delivering global meat solutions both domestically and internationally and has solidified its position as a prominent leader in the Australian meat industry.
We currently have an opportunity for a high-energy, innovative, and professional Systems Administrator to join our technology team to help drive infrastructure consolidation, modernisation initiatives and performance improvement opportunities across our business.
To be considered for this role you will need to be able to demonstrate strong PowerShell scripting capabilities, have excellent knowledge of both Microsoft on-premises and cloud-based platforms and hold relevant Microsoft and VMware technical certifications. In addition to this, strong SOE development and deployment skills are essential.
The key objectives of this role include:
- Maintain all server, storage, and virtualisation systems across the Group.
- Maintain all telephony and video conferencing systems across the Group.
- Provide onsite level 2 desktop support and production support as required.
- Administer on premise Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and file servers as well as cloud based Azure Active Directory, Exchange Online and Microsoft Teams.
- Identify opportunities to provide infrastructure automation using PowerShell scripting. Improvements to be focused on eliminating manual and repetitive tasks from the environment as well as to better check for and identify issues before they occur.
- Build and maintain the desktop standard operating environment (SOE) and ensure deployment tools (MDT) are up to date and available across all sites.
- Ensure that all data and systems are backed up and able to be recovered on an as required basis. Ensure backup jobs are performing optimally and failures are remediated.
- Ensure that all infrastructure is appropriately monitored and that all infrastructure alerts are responded to and resolved within an appropriate time frame.
- Perform systems upgrades when required ensuring outage windows align to periods of systems inactivity to ensure employees remain productive during operating hours.
Essential Qualifications and Requirements
- Relevant Microsoft certifications essential.
- Relevant VMware certifications essential.
- Cisco CCNA certification desirable but not essential.
- A strong focus on quality and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and unsupervised to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Current Australian driver’s license.
- Q-Fever inoculation will be mandatory.
- Willingness to vary work hours to meet the productivity needs of the business.
The successfully candidate will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package negotiated based upon experience and the opportunity to progress your career within a progressive, reliable, and stable company.
Please note, applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis and therefore we encourage you to apply at your earliest convenience.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.