- Manager - Community Sewerage Programs
- 12-month fixed term contract
- Senior Manager band
We're a community focused, purpose driven water organisation full of passionate, dedicated and imaginative people. Victorian Government owned and committed to improving our state through essential water and sanitation services, whilst protecting and sustaining the environment. We're proud of our heritage and progressive about the future. The world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve. We work in a unique way to deliver affordable, high quality service whist driving water conservation to accommodate for our growing population.
If you're passionate about joining a community driven, impactful and purpose led organisation that's dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join Yarra Valley Water - a company you'll be proud to be a part of.
About our people
We see a bright future that starts with our people. Our award-winning culture provides the foundation for a high-performing workplace where we collaborate with partners and stakeholders to reach exceptional outcomes for our customers and the environment.
The diversity of our people is fundamental to our success. We are deeply proud of the work we do to promote diversity and inclusion, including the launch of the Pride at YVW and YVW Women networks, to name a few. Our approach to diversity and inclusion is a 'whole of person' approach and we welcome applications from everyone within our community regardless of age, sex, disability, marital status, pregnancy, race/ethno-religious background, industrial activity, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a parent or career, political activity, or irrelevant criminal record.
We offer a range of flexibility options including reduced and/or condensed hours and are happy to discuss any options. We may be a water utility, but at heart we're a people business. That's why we are committed to becoming a hybrid workforce. We believe it is a better way forward for our employees and the business, and therefore the customers we serve. People are given trust and accountability to design their day to optimise performance and well-being, as defined by our hybrid working principles.
Reporting to the Divisional Manager Asset Delivery, the Manager Community Sewerage Programs will lead and manage a team of professionals and project managers to plan and deliver the Community Sewerage Program (CSP) in accordance with defined standards, timeframes and budgets, including meeting customer expectations and the needs of stakeholders/ regulators. This role will also be responsible for driving improvement initiatives to ensure exemplary service is provided to Community Sewerage customers and ensure design and construction activities satisfy customer, environmental, safety and regulatory requirements.
Key focus areas include:
- Identification, development and delivery of programs that lead to improvement in customer services levels, reduction in risks and improved efficiency;
- Supporting team member development through leadership and mentoring;
- Participating as an effective member of the business's management team and contributing to corporate direction and purpose;
- Represent the business in industry and community forums as required;
- In conjunction with the Division Manager developing and achieving Team customer financial and environmental outcomes compatible with company business plans;
- Managing relationships with key external stakeholder groups including Councils, DELWP, EPA and customer groups in relation to the Community Sewerage Program;
- Ensuring the Community Sewerage Program is delivered within agreed budget and timelines and that they deliver defined company outcomes;
- Develop strong relationships with delivery partners (contractors and consultants) to enhance the delivery of the Community Sewerage Program.
To be set up for success in this role, you'll most likely have:
- Degree qualification in Engineering or related discipline;
- Experience and knowledge of engineering procedures, standards, policies and practices related to design and construction activities;
- Stakeholder management and negotiation skills;
- Motivating, leading & developing employees
- Strong customer focus, ability to establish customer service improvements;
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
Why Yarra Valley Water?
- This full-time role is classified as a Senior Manager (12-month contract), generous salary package per annum dependent on experience, inclusive 10% superannuation
- One off home office allowance
- Training and development opportunities
- Social events, skill-sharing and networking opportunities
How to apply
Applications should include a supporting Cover Letter and Resume.
Closing date: 22nd October 2021
Yarra Valley Water is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and strongly encourages applications from all types of people, from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for our customers, and we value a workforce that's a match for our diverse community.
This position is available for Yarra Valley Water employees and external applicants.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks, if required for the position (which may include police records checks).
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.