At Sentral, our vision is to empower students and teachers to be the best they can be. Sentral is Australia’s most comprehensive cloud-based school management platform trusted by more than 3,000 schools. With a web-based suite of models, Sentral provides a single comprehensive interface for the management, tracking and reporting of data for school administration, online learning and student management.
We are part of one of the largest payment & software providers in the world, Global Payments, headquartered in Atlanta, USA. The Global Payments AU/NZ family consists of leading service providers including Ezidebit, eWAY, and Storman Software.
About the Role
You will work with a diverse and brilliant group of people who want to make a positive impact to the future of education. Every role at Sentral aspires to empower students and teachers to be the best that they can be.
As the Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for building, operating and maintaining system and application monitoring for Sentral Education. You will be crucial for maintaining and improving development applications, deployments, builds, testing and code repository.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provisioning and installation of our in-house product suite, on physical, virtual, and cloud offerings, managing this process from end to end;
- Systems administration and maintenance of internal and external systems;
- Perform patching and software upgrades to development and testing applications and technologies;
- Assisting in technical architectural design of development and testing applications and environment solutions;
- Providing ongoing cloud cost minimisation strategies;
- Resolving issues logged as tickets, conducting proactive maintenance and reducing risk of systems failures;
- Providing level two/three support for issues escalated to the IT Ops team;
- Evaluating new & existing automation and deployment tools;
- Managing and maintaining a large fleet of linux/unix based “web appliances”;
To be successful in this role, you will be an experienced IT professional with a minimum of 2+ years commercial experience in I.T and Azure DevOps.
Additionally, you will have:
- Extensive knowledge of cloud infrastructure, CI/CD and best practices;
- Strong knowledge of Azure Iaas/Paas;
- Demonstrable experience working with containerisation & orchestration of web applications (eg. Docker, Kubernetes);
- Working knowledge of MySQL database with the ability to optimise and troubleshoot as required;
- Solid experience working with Agile software development methodologies;
- Experience working in a SRE or DevOps capacity on an enterprise level web platform is highly desirable, however we are open to considering candidates at more junior skill levels who are looking for that next step in their career!
Please note that you must have:
Full work rights in Australia
Ability to obtain a Working with Children Check
Working for Sentral
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include;
- Birthday leave (a day off to celebrate your birthday!)
- Reward and Recognition Programs such as Thank You Awards – recognising our people that go above and beyond and make a difference to our customers
- Learning and Development opportunities including a suite of e-learning resources including short courses, books and audio resources in a wide range of areas such as team leadership and other skills-related courses
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan available to all team members
- A MyCoach (EAP) program to support your health and wellbeing
Ready to apply?
This is an opportunity for an exceptional candidate to come in and build a great reputation internally and externally. Every day, we can and will support improving the education and engagement of over one million students.
For a confidential conversation please contact Laura Walsh at email@example.com or call 0428 394 729
We respectfully ask that no recruitment agencies contact us in regards to this position.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.