Paediatric Occupational Therapists: New grads welcome to apply
NEW GRADS THROUGH TO EXPERIENCED LEADERS - OPEN TO ALL!
Seeking talented therapists committed to sharing knowledge, improving their professional skills and changing the lives of the little people we work with.
We rarely talk of KPIs and talk regularly of how we can improve the service for our clients and work environment for our team. Come join a team who genuinely care for each other.
Sensational Kids has been running for 13 years offering tailor-made, individual and group therapy to our community. It is a company based on strong values of integrity, learning, fun, professionalism and innovation. We have a 9/10 Employee Happiness score from our team!
We see kids aged 0-18 and provide child and family-centred therapy incorporating a range of therapeutic models including DIR Floortime well as other models for best practice.
Our team is growing and we have the following positions available:
ORMOND Full Time or Part Time position, employee or contractor options. All days available.
KENSINGTON: Part Time (0.4-0.75) - Mon/Thurs/Fri/Sat
- Early career clinicians including new grads welcome to apply
- Weekdays and Saturdays available (days flexible)
- New grads: Reduced caseload and loads of time for learning.
- More experienced clinicians will start with or work towards a leadership position within the team including supervision of more junior team members if you are keen on this.
- Caseload will be a mix of face to face and telehealth with the majority of sessions in our purpose-built clinic rooms. You will have your own room and computer/ laptop on site.
Who we are looking for:
We are very careful with who we select to be part of our team, as our team is pretty special. We are looking for fun, energetic, positive team members who don't mind a challenge, thrive on an interesting and varied caseload and who are happy to support and be supported by our team.
We are looking for a therapist who is flexible, mature and knows how to ask for help when they need it. We are also importantly seeking someone who is happy working with a largely NDIS caseload and who is keen to further develop their clinical, professional and supervisory skills. We are a large team so there is plenty of opportunity to progress in your career with us.
Experience working with a paediatric caseload is important (student placements also considered) working with a wide range of presentations.
If you join, you will be part of a brilliant team of Speech Pathologists, OTs, Psychologists, Dietitians and Music Therapists.
Your role would include:
- Assessment of children for various conditions utilising standard formal and informal measures
- Individual and group therapy work including parent support and training
- Medicare reporting, NDIS reporting and liaison with GPs and other professionals such as teachers.
If this sounds like the ideal career pathway for you we’d love to hear from you.
Sensational Kids provides for you:
- Onsite experienced supervisors and booked supervision with your own dedicated supervisor
- Unlimited access to our Clinical Team Leaders who help support, guide and skill you up.
- Equivalent 1 full day (7.5 hours FTE) of admin time built into calendars - much more for new grads.
- Sensational Kids' Team Leadership Pathway opportunities - develop your leadership skills in a supportive environment.
- A well equipped therapy space, your own room(s) and computer
- Admin and therapy assistant support ongoing
- Great remuneration + super based on experience and skill-set
- Supportive management at each site
- Team training days, DIR Floortime training and support, in-house supervision, paid professional development in line with your professional goals
- Generous PD budget and paid days of work for PD
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Online HR platform with rewards and recognition program in place.
- Loads of social events with the rest of the team.
- A team utilising Best Practice practices, fully compliant NDIS Audit results.
Things you must have:
- Full registration with AHPRA
- Registration with Medicare (assistance provided)
- Current Working with Children's Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check (assistance provided)
- Must have own Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Demonstrated skill in assessment, therapy and case management of children, adolescents and families
- Demonstrated skill and experience in providing OT interventions (including student placement)
- Strong record management, case note taking skills and ethical practice
- Demonstrated ability to engage clients effectively
- Willingness to learn/ understand the DIR model as this is what our team uses as a framework
- Ability to manage caseload independently but collaboratively in team environment
- Strong English language skills and ability to work in Australia.
- An interest in working in a mixed caseload with a disability focus.
- COVID Vaccination confirmation (or booking for 1st dose by early November). Please note as per the Vic. State Government mandate, you MUST be double vaccinated to work in a Healthcare setting.
Please forward your CV and cover letter addressing the points above to the email provided.
Position available immediately (once cleared and all qualifications checked and registered).
Thanks in advance for your application.
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.