Seeking Paediatric Psychologists, Provisional Psychologists (5+1), Counsellors
Sensational Kids is continuing to grow and we are seeking experienced therapists with an interest in child well-being to join an engaging and experienced multi-disciplinary child therapy team. Permanent part time or contracting options available. Kensington and Ormond positions on offer in a growing and busy practice.
Sensational Kids has been running for 14 years offering tailor-made, individual and group therapy to our community. It is a company based on strong values of integrity, learning, fun, professionalism and innovation. We have a 9/10 Employee Happiness score from our team!
Our team are agile, adaptable and can tackle almost any issue that the new COVID world throws our way. We are committed to keeping our team in secure employment and offer flexible working hours and conditions.
We see kids aged 0-18 and provide child and family-centred therapy incorporating a range of therapeutic models including DIR Floortime well as other models for best practice.
We have the following flexible positions available:
Counselling/ Developmental/ Clinical Psychologist OR
Provisional Psychologists (5+1 pathway)
ORMOND: Permanent Part Time (0.4-0.8) or Full Time. Contracting options available. All days available.
KENSINGTON: Permanent Part Time (0.4 - 0.8) or Full Time. Contracting options available. All days available.
- Early career clinicians welcome to apply (minimum 1 year experience please)
- Weekdays and Saturdays available
- More experienced clinicians will start with or work towards a leadership position within the team including supervision of more junior team members.
- Caseload will be a mix of face to face and telehealth
Who we are looking for:
We are very careful with who we select to be part of our team. We are looking for fun, energetic, positive team members who don't mind a challenge, thrive on an interesting and varied caseload and who are happy to support and be supported by our team.
We are looking for a therapist who is flexible, mature and knows how to ask for help when they need it. We are also importantly seeking someone who is happy working with a largely NDIS caseload (disability) and who is keen to further develop their clinical, professional and supervisory skills. Experience working with a paediatric caseload is important (student placements also considered) working with a wide range of presentations.
If you join, you will be part of a brilliant team of Speech Pathologists, OTs, Psychologists, Dietitians and Music Therapists.
As a Psychologist on our team you will provide assessment and treatment of children and adolescents presenting with a wide range of issues, including behavioural, social, mental health and support/ training for parents. You will also take part in our whole team training days, Professional learning opportunities, team meetings and DIR Floortime training.
Your role would also include:
- Assessment of children for various mental health conditions, cognition, Autism Spectrum Disorders (ADOS-2, ADI-R, WPPSI, WISC, CARS, WIAT-III, Vineland etc) - we can train for ADOS if needed.
- Medicare reporting, NDIS reporting and liaison with GPs and other professionals such as teachers.
If this sounds like your cup of tea we’d love to hear from you.
Sensational Kids provides for you:
- Above award pay and sign-on bonus for the successful candidate (conditions apply)
- Onsite Board Approved Supervisors
- A well equipped therapy space
- Admin and therapy assistant support ongoing
- Great remuneration + super based on experience and skill-set
- Supportive management at each site and unlimited Clinical Team Leader support to help you as you need it.
- Team training days, DIR Floortime training and support, in-house supervision, paid professional development in line with your professional goals
- Regular supervision. Participate in our focussed Early Career or our Team Leader Development Pathways.
- Equivalent 1 full day (7.5 hours FTE) of admin time built into calendars.
- PD budget and paid days of work for PD
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Online HR platform with rewards and recognition program in place.
- Loads of social events with the rest of the team.
- A team utilising Best Practice practices, fully compliant NDIS Audit results.
Things you must have:
- Full or Provisional registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA OR
- PACFA/ ACA Registration if you are a Counsellor (Masters Level)
- Registration with Medicare (assistance provided) as appropriate
- Current Working with Children's Check, International Police Check (if you have lived or worked overseas in the past 10 years), NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Must have own Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Demonstrated skill in assessment, therapy and case management of children, adolescents and families
- Demonstrated skill and experience in providing Psychological or Counselling interventions
- Strong record management, case note taking skills and ethical practice
- Demonstrated ability to engage clients effectively
- Willingness to learn/ understand the DIR model as this is what our team uses as a framework
- Ability to manage caseload independently but collaboratively in team environment
- Strong English language skills and ability to work in Australia
- An interest in working in a mixed caseload with a heavy disability focus.
- Please note as per the State Government mandate all healthcare workers MUST be fully COVID vaccinated as of mid October, 2021. You will be asked to show proof of this prior to starting with Sensational Kids.
Please forward your CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria above to the email provided.
Position available immediately (once cleared and all qualifications checked and registered).
If you are an independent, flexible, open-minded therapist and want to work somewhere amazing we would love to hear from you.
For further information, please call Fran Nicholson (Manager) on 9578 7560. Please forward your CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria above to the email provided.
Thanks in advance for your application.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- How many years' experience do you have as a psychologist?
- What's your preferred work type?
- Have you completed a qualification in psychology?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.