About the Role:
JBS Australia’s Prime City Feedlot is located 45km northwest of Griffith in Southern NSW. The feedlot has a feeding capacity of 35,000 head. We are currently offering an opportunity to join our enthusiastic and successful team. This position is based at Prime City Farm. The site comprises of over 3000ha made up of 1600ha of irrigation area and 1440ha of dry cropping area utilized in the production of maize silage, cotton and cereal crops.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Land and crop preparation including all facets of row crop and broad acre operations
- Operation and maintenance of machinery and equipment, including broad acre and row crop implements, tractors, centre pivots and pumps
- Operation of irrigation systems including syphons and centre pivots
- General farming duties as required
- Maintaining compliance with JBS Australia policies, including but not limited to: WHS, HR, QA, Animal Welfare & Environmental obligations.
- Machinery operating experience
- Irrigation experience desirable but not essential
- A mechanical aptitude would be an advantage
- Ability to work well in a small team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility with working hours during busy periods
- High levels of self-motivation, initiative and enthusiasm
Benefits include (but not limited to):
- Banking benefits with ANZ.
- Retail discounts with national partners
- Health insurance discounts on Bupa Health and Medibank Private
If you’re passionate and want to be a part of the largest meat manufacturer and producer in Australia, this opportunity may be for you. Apply now!
Any questions about this role, please call Scott Chick – Farm Manager on 0407 740 686
For more information about JBS Australia, please visit our Careers Page: https://careers.jbssa.com.au
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.