Heavy Vehicle Apprentice Academy 2022–Derrimut (Mechanical/Auto Electrical)
Why join Westar Truck Centre?
Westar Truck Centre houses some of the world’s leading Truck Brands such as Isuzu, Western Star, MAN and Dennis Eagle. In particular, Isuzu trucks have been the market leader in Australia for over 30 years and continues to lead the Australian truck market with its range of models. With Westar locations in Campbellfield and Derrimut and Patterson Cheney sites in Dandenong, we are able to support customers across large area of metropolitan Melbourne and beyond. We offer excellent remuneration and opportunities for career progression. In addition to this, we are able to offer ongoing training as part of our focus on the development of our staff.
Patterson Cheney Group currently employs over 700 staff and we are proud to be one of Australia's largest automotive businesses with multiple brands. We have been servicing our customers since 1915, and our success has been built on a strong foundation of customer service. With strong family business values and behaviours, we place great emphasis on enjoying our work.
About the Academy
Westar Truck Centre is proud to launch the 2022 Patterson Cheney Westar Apprentice Academy, the first step in your heavy vehicle career.
As part of Academy, we will provide you with all the necessary training, experience and support to build a successful career in the heavy vehicle industry. You will undertake a Certificate 3 in Heavy Vehicle Commercial Mechanical Technology (AUR31120) or Automotive Electrical Technology (AUR30320) at the Kangan Institute, Automotive Centre of Excellence, Docklands. Your training doesn’t end in the classroom, with continuous on the job and national manufacturer training.
- Routine maintenance, repair and diagnostics on some of the world’s leading truck brands, working alongside experienced and highly skilled technicians.
- State of the art facilities, including the latest computer diagnostic equipment.
- An apprenticeship is the first step in your heavy vehicle career with significant ongoing training and career progression opportunities available.
- Opportunities to represent Westar Truck Centre at National and International Competitions.
- A strong commitment to a zero-harm work environment where safety is the number 1 priority.
Who are we looking for?
- Completed or currently completing Year 12, VCAL or pre-apprenticeship program.
- Have a current driver’s licence (Preferred).
- Ambitious, reliable and well presented.
- Motivated, eager to learn and committed to complete 4-year apprenticeship term.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems with a desire to learn.
- A strong understanding of safety in the workplace.
- Available to commence 17th January 2022.
For more information, please visit https://www.westar.com.au/apprentice/ to download our apprenticeship brochure
How do I apply?
Please visit https://www.westar.com.au/apprentice/ and follow application instructions or click the “Apply” button and upload a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications, experience and specify your desired role and location.
Reference number AA22 must be included.
Closing date for applications Friday 12 November 2021
The successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Check.
We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer looking to employ qualified candidates of any gender, race, religion or age, who have full rights to work in Australia. We will not be taking agency candidates.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.