Indie School Wodonga is a registered and accredited non-government school which provides an alternative education for young people aged 14-18.
Smaller class sizes allow students greater opportunity to identify their strengths and work to improve areas in which they lack confidence.
Due to increasing student numbers, we are looking to continue to grow our staff.
We are looking for VIT registered teachers in the following subject areas and year levels to start Term 4, 2021 or Term 1, 2022:
Years 9 & 10, Victorian Curriculum, teaching ALL subjects
VCE: Teaching positions for the following - English, ICT/Computing, Business Management and Health and Human Development
Full Time (Ongoing)
Indie School teachers are committed to changing the lives of young people.
Teacher Position Description
The responsibilities of a classroom teacher at Indie School Wodonga include:
- Writing curriculum that provides adjustments for students (this requires an understanding of the Victorian Curriculum 9-10 and/or 11-12, VCE experience will be highly regarded)
- Planning, writing and delivering structured lessons that differentiate and personalise the learning for each student
- Supporting students with a range of learning needs, including disabilities, behavioural disturbances, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADD/ADHD, low levels of literacy/numeracy, and mental illness
- Collaborating to write Individual Learning Plans for all students
- Embedding the strategies from Individual Learning Plans in lessons to support the needs of the student
- Providing timely and specific feedback to students to support learning growth
- Assessing and reporting student achievement and progress
- Behaviour management (including an understanding of trauma-informed practice, or a willingness to gain this knowledge)
- Supporting students to experience success
- Promoting the school's alternative educational and strengths based model to ensure student goals and personal outcomes are achieved with the focus on ‘Changing the Lives of Young People’
- Undertaking other related teaching duties as determined by the Head of School/Executive Principal.
Please submit, via Seek:
- A one page cover letter that explains how you meet the position description, and
- A resume (no more than three pages)
Applications close: 4pm, Friday, 5th November, 2021
Only successful applicants will be contacted
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- How many years' experience do you have as a teacher?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do have experience working with people with autism spectrum disorder?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.