The Davie Group is one of Australia’s fastest growing e-commerce conglomerates. It is composed of well-known brands such as The Oodie, Calming Blankets, Pupnaps and Tumfort. With 5 other brands currently in development across multiple categories. Davie Group believes in a strong focus on customer service and the happiness of our people are paramount.
Our unique approach to e-commerce is driven by smart, informed decision-making that is backed by product, trend and market research, viability and risk mitigation testing, and key-performance analysis. This approach builds flexibility into our operating framework, resulting in a high performance and quick-to-market portfolio of brands that are rapidly becoming an authority in their relative product segments.
We are currently accepting applications for a Direct Response Copywriter. The purpose of the Direct Response Copywriter is to help take our brands to the next level. Working with our Creative Directors, Brand Managers, Marketing, Content, Digital and Product teams to create best-in-class copy for our brands and products. You should be a person who loves challenges (like really loves them), someone who digs autonomy, accountability and someone who's awesome at all facets of copywriting, translating the voice and tone of our brands into engaging and effective writing for our product pages, organic and paid media, EDM's, packaging and blogs to name a few.
The key focus area's of the role would include:
- Write insanely engaging direct response copy for our brands across all channels – paid adverts, landing pages, email, social channels, packaging, blogs... You get the gist.
- You'll be developing the copy so it's on-brand (informed by our brand vision, mission, values and personas). We are growing, learning and making constant improvements to our brands so you will at times also be a part of helping shape these brand stories.
- Communicating the features and benefits of our products in a clear and concise way.
- Writing copy focused on converting audiences to buyers.
- Flex your creative muscle and show us what you can really do.
- Deep dive into the data and be guided by it with a constant state of improvement.
- Trend hunt and conceptualise different topics and angles across Facebook Ads.
- Conduct keyword research and strategically incorporate keywords into content .
- Proofread with an eagle-eye, edit and optimise copy.
We are looking for someone who:
- Considerable experience in a similar role.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written, with professional experience writing, editing and communicating in English for the Australian market.
- Proficient in software programs – MS Office
- Has working knowledge of marketing applications in eCommerce – you know your way around Facebook Ads Manager, Shopify and Klaviyo!
- Ability to work under pressure and within required deadlines.
- Strong understanding of buyer personas and writing copy that converts audiences to buyers.
- Understands the basic principles of marketing psychology and how to weave this into their writing. Is able to create short, sharp and succinct copy that gets straight to the point.
- Understands the marketing funnel and how to write enticing hooks, problems, solutions and a multitude of engaging angles to stop someone mid-scroll and attract clicks.
- Has the ability to apply their unmatched direct response copy across a multitude of applications – paid adverts, landing pages, email, social channels, packaging, blogs and more.
- Well organised, proactive and high attention to detail.
What’s in it for me?
- Gain valuable experience at one of Australia’s fastest growing eCommerce business
- Ongoing training & education with our Lunchbox learning classes
- Pet friendly offices
- Discounts on our wide range of products
- And of course – your very own Oodie, gifted to you on your first day!
Sound like the role for you? Attached your resume and a cover letter outlining your previous experience and suitability for the role.
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.