- Permanent, full-time position
- Remuneration $75k - $90k + super + NFP tax benefits
- Monday to Friday 9-5, with no shift work required
- An interesting, rewarding and positive work environment
Our client, the Stella Bella Children’s Centre is a unique children’s centre which offers specialised respite care and early learning programs for seriously ill babies and young children alongside a mainstream care unit. An excellent opportunity has become available for an outstanding Registered Nurse to join the team of professional educators and support staff to deliver holistic service to the centre’s clients.
About the role:
We are looking for a motivated, proactive, and professional person who is capable of thinking independently and working collaboratively. The ideal candidate will be well presented, with a positive energy and great attitude to work, with a friendly and engaging communication style and a track record in client-focussed environments. The responsibilities of the position include:
- Administer medication and first aid when required.
- Work with families to create and maintain detailed and tailored medical management plans for their child whilst in care.
- Assist with ng tube and peg feeds and oxygen support when required.
- Take care of wounds and dressing changes.
- Liaise with Physio / OT professionals to support the children's developmental needs.
- Follow children's individual medical management plans and centre policies and procedures in medical emergency situations.
- Participate in care and learning with the children in the SCU in accordance with the centre’s philosophy.
- Registered nursing qualifications and preferably at least two years practical experience in a variety of medical settings.
- Experience working with children and young babies, in emergency care, NICU and Paediatric environments.
- A passion for the provision of quality services to provide children with serious illnesses the opportunity to live their life to the fullest, regardless of any special care requirements they may have.
- A healthy respect for a cohesive team culture, lots of initiative, energy, an open mind, a kind heart and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of care and learning for the children in our care.
- The ability and willingness to collaborate with educators and senior staff to provide the best experiences for the children in our care.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills along with a calm and friendly disposition.
- A willingness to learn and embrace new ideas and perspectives.
- Full Australian working rights.
- Current first aid, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications.
- Current WWP card.
You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package including not-for-profit salary packaging benefits, excellent working conditions, strong management support, free carparking and the opportunity to be a key part of a dynamic, positive team, which enhances the lives of seriously ill children and their families, through access to quality care and education.
How to Apply:
To express your interest in this great opportunity, please click the “Apply” button, and attach your CV along with a one-page cover letter outlining why you are the best person for the role. To obtain the Position Description or for a confidential discussion please call Adam Kowalski or Sonia Strickland on 02 6103 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a registered nurse?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.