Who are we?
Mount Isa Airport is part of the Queensland Airports Limited (QAL) group which owns and operates airports throughout Queensland. We welcomed about 6.3 million passengers in FY20, connecting the Gold Coast and northern NSW, along with regional Queensland, to the rest of the country and beyond. An Australian-owned company, we are committed to delivering for the communities where we operate. Our vision is to engage customers, connect communities and deliver exceptional experiences.
What you’ll contribute to:
An exciting opportunity has recently become available for an Aerodrome Reporting and Maintenance Officer (ARMO) to join our Mount Isa Aviation team. This position is diverse with a focus on ensuring aviation safety and security integrity of the airport and effectiveness of service provided to our customers.
Shaun has been a member of the Aviation team for 5+ Years and shares his unique experience working with QAL.
“At QAL, I work with a diverse group of people who are committed to enhancing the Safety and Security of the Airport. We make a difference by maintaining operational support to our stakeholders, practicing effective wildlife hazard management and policing our apron to ensure the safety of those who travel.
QAL provides extensive opportunities to grow and apply yourself to the constant changing world of aviation. It has been an exciting journey over my 7 years with QAL. I joined QAL with no experience and I got the professional training and support to establish a professional career. It has provided me with the exposure to all areas of aviation and the opportunity of career advancement in the diverse areas of the aviation field”.
How you will make an impact?
We are looking for an energetic and committed person with current Aerodrome Reporting Officer qualifications and experience working airside in an operations role. Knowledge of Aviation Regulations (Aviation Transport Security Regulations 2005 and the CASA Manual of Standards) will be highly regarded. Candidates must possess a current Driver's Licence, Radio Operator's Licence, a Firearms Licence (Categories A and B), and have the ability to obtain an Authority to Drive Airside (category 4N) and an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
The successful applicant will have good organisational, time, task, planning and priority management skills. As well as general computer literacy in Word, Excel, the Internet and email. Good problem solving and decision making coupled with excellent verbal communication and written skills will see the right candidate be a success.
The ARMO’s tasks, include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the safe and secure operation of the airside environment in accordance with relevant regulations and company SOPs.
- Supporting all stakeholders and airline partners by maintaining aerodrome serviceability.
- Undertaking airfield infrastructure inspections and reporting.
- Management of impediments to aircraft operations such as wildlife and other hazards.
- Working outdoors in the elements to undertake grounds and general maintenance activities as part of the Maintenance component of the position.
- Ensuring all grounds are kept in an orderly and tidy manner and in compliance with airport operating and safety requirements.
- Ensuring infrastructure is repaired and maintained to compliance standards.
- Record operations log entries daily, highlighting incidents to be reported.
- Seeking to continuously improve processes, building strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
What we offer you?
Awarded Great Place to Work accreditation 2019, this is an opportunity to be part of a progressive organisation and assist in the transformation and growth of the business. Flexible working options are available for all employees. At QAL, we uphold the philosophy that the smooth integration of life and work benefits all. We call it Living Well.
If you are interested in this role and would like to explore in more detail the key responsibilities, please obtain the role description at: https://www.qldairports.com.au/careers/home
QAL supports an inclusive approach and values diversity within the workplace. We aim to provide opportunities that allow individuals to reach their full potential regardless of their background, gender, age, work status, religious or cultural identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to QAL’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP, which includes pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing, and have the ability to obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC).
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a maintenance officer?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- How many years' experience do you have as an Airport Reporting Officer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.