Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) is a responsive regional health service looking at a new and bright future under public management. Our focus is on providing a patient centred approach to care with a workforce of over 1000 employees who provide care 24/7 to a catchment area of 80,000 community members.
We promote and provide a work environment that embraces professional development and supports staff to maximize growth through internal and external education opportunities. We also have a genuine commitment to the wellbeing of our staff which includes flexible working hours, and access to our Employee Assistance Program.
Why choose us?
The Midwifery Unit at MBPH comprises a 8bed Antenatal/Postnatal ward, 3 bed midwifery assessment unit, and 3 birth suites that cater for 900 births a year. The ward also has a Level 3, Special Care Nursery that cares for 34-week neonates and stabilisation of other premature or sick neonates prior to them being transferred to a tertiary centre.
Our highly skilled, multidisciplinary team accepts all risk patients meaning you will gain invaluable experience that you may not be able to get in a metro hospital.
To be successful in this role you will be a registered midwife and have the relevant registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA). You will possess extensive clinical skills and experience with in the medical field. You will have completed your graduate year and be available to work across all shifts.
You will also bring:
- Understanding of scope of practice in line with relevant registration
- Proven Midwifery experience
- Possess strong customer service skills along with a caring and nurturing personality.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to nursing practice
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
Our commitment to quality and safety for the patients, families and visitors to MBH is of our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, an employee Working with Children Check and proof of immunity prior to your commencement.
For a copy of the Position Description, to apply or to find out more about our wonderful Hospital, please visit www.mbph.org.au
To discuss the role further, enquires can be made to Sandra Doyle –Midwifery Unit Manager via phone: (03) 5022 3484
The salary range for this role is $67,235.96 to $89,902.86 depending on years of experience.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.