A Senior technical role for a friendly and client-focussed consultant, with flexibility to work from home.
- Great technical challenges across a range of platforms and systems
- Flexibility in where you work
- Opportunities for travel and interesting new projects
- Training and growth opportunities that will benefit your career
- Support from other highly technical colleagues when you need it
We are a small but rapidly growing IT managed services provider with a dynamic range of clients based around Perth and Western Australia. Our client-centric team support each other to ensure that are clients receive amazing support. We are looking for an IT generalist who can charm customers but who has the technical power to complete complex problems and provide quick and effective troubleshooting.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for providing strategic advice, technical support and project consulting to some of our key clients. You will be involved with planning, installing, troubleshooting and supporting a range of ICT infrastructure including virtualised servers, routers, switches, storage devices and backup systems. You will occasionally be required to work after hours to perform system maintenance and respond to critical business events.
We are looking for someone who has excellent troubleshooting skills and is focussed on identifying solutions. As well as challenging business consulting and technical projects across a range of technologies, this role will also handle internal escalations from the Service Desk team, and may involve vendor liaison for complex issues that require escalation. You will have an opportunity to work with other highly skilled senior technical staff to complete larger projects and for peer review of projects.
In this role, you will need to have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to manage our clients in a professional and courteous manner, developing long-term business relationships on behalf of our business. You will also need to communicate effectively with people at all levels of business. You will be involved in regular meetings with clients where you will discuss the projects, maintenance and review any business-focussed changes that might impact IT. You will recommend solutions to the client, that will help their business and ours and ensure their security, uptime and reliability is maintained or improved. You will provide strategic advice and guidance, and help develop frameworks to enable clients to meet those strategic goals.
Our business is an ISO9001 quality certified business, so we are always looking for ways to improve our systems and processes - we expect everybody on the team to contribute positively to our quality systems. One of the ways that you will do this is through writing excellent systems documentation as it relates to network topology, equipment, configurations and sometimes procedures.
- Provide architectural and strategic advice to our clients
- Responsible for implementing projects such as migrations and upgrades across multi-platform environments
- Deep knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems. (implementation and complex troubleshooting)
- Deep knowledge of Networking including static and dynamic routing, firewalls, SDWAN, network optimisation, packet inspection. (Implementation and complex troubleshooting)
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft 365 platform including Exchange Online, Sharepoint and Teams (Implementation/Migration and complex troubleshooting)
- Deep knowledge of scripting and automation across a range of platforms (Bash, PowerShell, Ansible, RMM automation etc)
- Working knowledge of SAN and storage technologies including iSCSI, FC and FCoE (Advanced troubleshooting)
- Working knowledge of cyber security (consulting, implementations, audits)
- Working knowledge of WiFi technologies (planning, surveys, implementation, troubleshooting)
- Working knowledge of Autotask PSA and Datto RMM preferred.
- Working knowledge of VoIP systems and equipment (implementation, troubleshooting)
- Logfile and traffic analysis to identify root cause of problems
- Technical escalation point for service desk
- Identify opportunities as part of all consulting to generate new projects that are beneficial to us and our clients
- Be an Australian citizen
- Current National Police Check
- Australian Drivers License
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 7 years of experience performing similar duties
- Must be Perth-based
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working for a managed service provider
- Industry qualifications from Microsoft, Red Hat, AWS, Cisco or similar (MCSA, RHCA, CCIE, AWS Solutions Architect Professional etc)
How to apply
Please apply through seek with CV and cover letter.
Be prepared to have a technical assessment as part of the interview process.
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Windows Server Specialist?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Linux System Admin?
- How many years' experience do you have in the IT industry?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.