Doosan GridTech™ is a technology firm that delivers design services, innovative control and optimisation software, as well as system integration services to electric utilities, helping them turn distributed energy resources – such as energy storage and solar PV into valuable contributors – into grid reliability and sound economics. We aim to be the global leader in delivering technology solutions for the emerging digital, distributed grid, a critical component of the world’s clean energy future.
Doosan GridTech currently has an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced Sr Control System Engineer to join our growing Australian team. A high level individual contributor role, the Sr Control System Engineer is responsible for the system design, and architecting SCADA, Telemetry, Control and Communications components delivered as key parts of our EPC project executions. This position is based in either Melbourne or Brisbane, Australia
Essential to this role is the application of sound controls engineering design and commissioning expertise. We require in depth knowledge of control and communication principles; including awareness of the OSI model, and of communications protocols; their associated strengths and weaknesses. Providing technical advice and recommendations for control, communication and HMI infrastructure delivery backed by analysis. Job responsibilities and qualifications below.
Please note only candidates with Australian Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency will be considered for this opportunity.
- Experience in the development of control philosophy and decision trees.
- Experience designing and deployment Communication networks.
- Experience with development of configuration/code for RTU, PLC and HMI systems.
- Experience with commissioning of PLC/HMI/SCADA systems & execute test protocols
- The ability to read and understand (not write/draw) electrical schematics, P&IDs, IO Lists
- Decision making and leadership skills.
- Excellent time management, team collaboration and self organisation skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment working alongside a multi-disciplinary team
- Be Willing to travel regularly – for site works and client visits.
- Previous experience in:
- Energy storage or utility scale renewable projects
- Substation SCADA systems
- Utility project delivery in Australia, and / or
- Citect and FactoryTalk View SCADA, ControlLogix and SIMATIC S7 PLC, RTAC RTU
- SID studies (Functional Safety Engineering)
- Technical sign off-of provided control and communication supply (product / services)
- Proven ability in programming languages and operating systems/platforms.
- Understanding and working knowledge of communication technologies within process measurement and control instrumentation.
- Familiarity with:
- Modbus TCP, DNP 3.0 and CANopen, and
- industrial routers and switches, e.g. SEL and Ruggedcom
- Strong Instrumentation and Diagnostic skills.
- Formal IT communication training – CCNA or equivalent
- Cyber security experience
- Registration with RPEQ, NER or CPEng would also be highly desired
- Proven experience as a technical writer
- Design and implementation of SCADA, PLC, RTU and communication networks
- Defining and documenting the functionality of the control systems based on project requirements, team collaboration, process information, equipment datasheets and IO lists
- Review and approval of subcontractor control system documentation
- the management, review and approval of SCADA Change Management and Systems Access processes
- Prepare and manage test and validation plans, necessary to secure and stable deployment of the control system into the plant
- Lead the deployment and commissioning of SCADA, control systems, communication networks and control equipment on-site (directly or via remote management)
- commissioning and fault finding of SCADA, control and communications systems, both on site and via remote connections
- Manage client and internal stakeholder management for all control and communication deliverables
- BS in Electrical, Electronics, Computer and / or Communications engineering
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in control, SCADA, or network engineering applications,
- Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident will be considered for this opportunity.
- Competitive salary,
- Flexible, open work policy, and
- Opportunity to travel and work with global organisation.
About Doosan GridTech
At Doosan GridTech, we believe that enduring economic growth and environmental healing start with a resilient, low-carbon power grid. We are a multi-disciplined team of power system engineers, software developers, and turnkey energy storage specialists. We help utility-scale power producers evaluate, procure, integrate, control, and optimize energy storage, solar power, and other renewable power resources.
Our battery storage experts in Seattle, Melbourne, and Seoul have designed, built, and provided flexible controls for nearly 35 installations in the Americas and Asian-Pacific regions – representing over 320MW of capacity.
Our parent company, Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co. Ltd., is a multibillion-dollar global conglomerate that serves power and industrial markets.
Doosan GridTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Have you worked in a role which requires fault finding experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Control Systems Engineer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a SCADA Engineer?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering drafting / engineering design?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.