- Opportunity for a talented executive assistant to support the Head of School and Dean of Health Sciences
- Scope to support on other administrative projects and events
- Full time continuing offering a base salary of $88K p.a. + 17% super
About the opportunity
The School of Health Sciences, in the Faculty of Medicine and Health has a great opportunity for an Executive Assistant and Project Officer to join the team to manage the diary of the Head of School and Dean, and support on critical administrative projects for the School of Health Sciences. The role is expected to be based on site at Camperdown Campus, when the current health orders are lifted.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- manage the diary and front line interaction with visitors for the Head of School and Dean
- work with the administration team to support the activities of the School
- manage meeting minutes
- respond to the School's role based email account inquiries
- review concur expenditure and advise of any anomalies
- manage other ad hoc project based work as it arises.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Executive Assistant and Project Officer who:
- has demonstrated experience with diary management and front line interaction with visitors
- demonstrates a proactive and positive approach to problem solving and process improvement
- possesses excellent skills in the Microsoft suite of products
- is experienced in managing meeting minutes and agendas
- demonstrates experience with project or event coordination.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Closing time: 11.59 pm 13 October 2021
How to Apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University and would like to submit an application, please login into your Workday account.
Navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard once logged into Workday and click on the USYD Find Jobs report to apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Andria Bingham, Recruitment Operations, Human Resources on 02 8627 8552 or by email
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.