pitt&sherry is one of Australia's most dynamic consulting engineering companies. Formed in 1963, pitt&sherry has grown into a multi-discipline team of professional consultants servicing national transport, industrial, utilities and community infrastructure markets. We provide expert design, analysis, modelling, planning, project management and other consultancy services to a range of clients locally and interstate. We employ over 290 staff with offices in Launceston, Hobart, Devonport, Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane.
pitt&sherry are looking to further build on our high performing geoscience investigations team through the attraction of two Graduate Geologists / Geotechnical Engineers.
The roles will support our ground engineering teams with investigation around Tasmania and further support our national teams. The roles will be based, ideally, in our Hobart office with consideration given to placement in the Launceston office.
The role would suit recent graduates to lower experience level geoscientists looking to build their careers gaining experience in geology and geotechnical investigation for infrastructure development within a highly supportive team in a progressive and expanding organisation.
About the role
- Participate in field investigation programs to collect geological and geotechnical data
- Prepare technical summaries of observations and assist in development of technical reports of geological and geotechnical data
- Assist in design and implementation of field investigation programs
- Prepare project reports
- Contribute to proposal preparation when required
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients.
- A geoscience degree (Geology / Earth Sciences / Environmental and/or Engineering)
- Up to five years of experience in geological or geotechnical investigation will be highly regarded
- Skill in assessment, management and presentation of spatial data will be highly regarded
- An interest in application of digital technology and workflows very highly regarded
- Willingness to work outside and travel throughout Tasmania for site investigations
- Ability to work and contribute within a close team environment
- Ability to work autonomously, coordinate tasks and follow projects through to completion
- Confident communicator with good organisational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Driven and motivated to complete tasks to a high level of quality and take pride in their work.
What we offer:
The successful candidate can expect:
- Project variety in terms of size, cost and technical requirements
- Flexible working environment
- Variety of long standing client relationships with a steady inflow of project work
- Friendly office environment
- A competitive remuneration package
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career progression.
At pitt&sherry, we are committed to fostering a culture which values taking a sustainable approach in all that we do, empowering our people to achieve great outcomes through team work, collaboration and the freedom to be self directed in delivering on client needs. You will be supported by an excellent training / development scheme and a comprehensive salary / benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience to attract the right candidate.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace
We welcome and encourage applications from women as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, mature workers, LGBTI+ people and people from different cultural backgrounds.
To continue the conversation Click 'Apply' to forward your resume/CV and a cover letter briefly addressing why you would be the perfect candidate for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a geotechnical engineer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Geologist?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.