SELL EVENTS at The Grounds!
The Grounds is announcing exciting news mid October and it will be especially exhilarating for our Event Sales team which YOU can be a part of! 2021 didn't stop us and The Grounds is exiting the year stronger, more innovative and creative than ever before, providing its guests with memorable and exceptional events.
Attitude and energy are everything and we are encouraging applications from superstars in the Events Industry that can sell to both corporate and social clients with a natural flair for making the impossible happen!
About The Grounds:
At the Grounds, creating the best possible experiences in beautiful spaces for our guests is at the heart of everything we do. Our talented team of passionate and hard-working individuals make The Grounds what it is - a home where creativity and high performance thrives. There is no dream too big, no idea too crazy, or execution that is impossible. We go beyond convention and above the limits of the norm to ensure our guests enjoy experiences like no other, immersed in imagination brought to life.
- Demonstrated experience (2+ years) in Event Sales
- A sound understanding of event operations within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Having exposure to volume is key - there is really no place like The Grounds of Alexandria!
- Above all else, have a stand-out and resilient energy and positive and collaborative attitude
- Proactive, positive approach to your work and excellent interpersonal skills
- Capacity, flexibility, and willingness to be part of a committed team and go the extra mile for every guest, without exception
- Appreciate the beauty of the space and reflect this your own presentation
- Proactively research all market sectors to identify and share opportunities to extend The Grounds’ events and prospective client database
- Proactively staying up to date with all COVID-19 regulations and restrictions to events & functions
- Strong attention to detail is essential, as is a determination to seize opportunities to surpass guest expectations and enhance guest experience from the very first moment of contact
- Ability to work confidently and effectively within client’s allocated budget
- Capable of multitasking and working autonomously
- Preferably have familiarity using Priava, Xero and Event Draw (Visio)
About the role; Event Sales Manager
- Creating a memorable first impression for new and returning clients, establishing supportive & professional relationships to build positive rapport and repeat business
- Professionally manage the agreed client budget throughout the process, knowing when to upsell and promote additions where necessary
- Confident conversion of short leads
- Produce detailed proposals and contracts for each event ensuring the Grounds are catering to customer needs and providing an experience only The Grounds can provide
- Effectively and clearly communicate with the Events Operations Team to ensure your initial sale is executed to the standard expected
- Ensuring The Grounds event packages are updated regularly and structured correctly to meet the ongoing and evolving needs of the customers and the company
- Liaise with internal and external Marketing colleagues to ensure activation throughout the year is in place
- Provide high-level client contact from sale confirmation through to the commencement of the event, ensuring utmost customer satisfaction and memorable guest experiences, on every occasion, no exceptions
- Conduct Post-event evaluations with clients, constructively reporting on feedback and opportunities for development and improvement
- Ensuring successful conversion of sales enquiries; working to set targets to activate and fill the venue’s spaces
- Working in an incredible, collaborative environment
- Be part of a Hospitality Market Leader, offering job stability
- Individual growth & development including accredited training
- Growing business with plans already set for 2022
All applicants are required to have full working rights to work permanently in Australia.
Salary offered is dependent on experience, plus superannuation & KPI structure
The Grounds are an equal opportunity employer.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.