Lindsay Corporation is hiring a full-time senior software engineer at our soon to be completed central Palmerston North office. You would join our global software team spread across three locations in two countries - responsible for designing, implementing, and delivering software solutions for Lindsay’s range of innovative products.
We are a global company (headquartered in Omaha - Nebraska, USA), focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population.
As one of the world’s leading providers of irrigation and water management, our Zimmatic® irrigation systems are operating in more than 90 countries – including innovative water-saving technologies such as Precision VRI, developed right here in the Manawatu. Our infrastructure products are used world-wide to improve road safety, including the Road Zipper system deployed on the Auckland Harbour Bridge.
Our global software team is responsible for developing, testing and deploying our three IIoT platforms:
- FieldNET™- remote control and monitoring for irrigation systems, including our award-winning FieldNET Advisor irrigation recommendation system and our upcoming Smart Pivot solution
- Elecsys Connect - remote monitoring for oil/gas/water pipelines, railways and street lighting
- RoadConnect™ - roadside asset monitoring, including ImpactAlert™ for real-time impact detection
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in designing, developing, testing, and delivering high quality web solutions, including new products and features
- Acts as a subject matter expert, mentoring other engineers through expertise and knowledge of the current products, technologies, and tools
- Leads new product development efforts, working closely with Team Leads and Project Managers to deliver solutions on time and within the functional specifications
- Performs routine maintenance on the existing codebase for the various Lindsay products and solutions, as assigned during each sprint
- Engineers and configures software functionality according to business requirements
- Participates in code reviews, design reviews, or other forms of team quality assurance procedures
- Unit tests code and debugs thoroughly prior to hand-off
- Researches and resolves reported software problems efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Clearly communicates issues and roadblocks in order to maintain sprint scope and efficiency
- Willingness to learn and work in fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment where continuous iteration, improvement, and innovation is key to the success of the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent technical education or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of relevant, professional software engineering experience, including 2+ years of experience leading the on-time delivery of new software engineering projects/solutions
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to clearly and rapidly communicate problems and solutions in order to prevent bottlenecks
- Ability to mentor and coach others, as well as conduct thorough code reviews
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with all of the following technologies, skills and tools is preferred:
- C# / .NET Core
- REST APIs / websockets
- Message buses (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc)
- IoT protocols
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Geospatial and image processing technologies
- Microservice architecture
Applicants must be able to work locally from our Palmerston North office. You must have permanent, unlimited work rights in New Zealand in order to apply.
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?
- Have you worked in a role which requires C# development experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Have you worked in a role which requires CSS development experience?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.