MAINTENANCE CO-ORDINATOR – RESIDENTIAL RENOVATIONS
Are you looking for a role that will see you working within a dedicated team of professionals who are at the forefront of the premium residential building renovations industry?
Are you seeking an opportunity that will offer you secure and long-term employment?
Do you have superior customer service skills?
If the above three questions resonate with you, then you will relish the opportunity to work with genuine, down to earth colleagues in a role that will allow you to continue to hone and develop your skills and further your capabilities in a respectful and friendly working environment.
Smarter Bathrooms+ is looking for a Maintenance Co-Ordinator to join the team immediately. This role will see you working for an organisation who has over the last 17+ years become the most awarded HIA Renovations association member. Our values and vision differentiate us from our competitors.
This role will see you managing logged maintenance claims to ensure that they are completed in a timely manner. This will also see you on the tools undertaking maintenance works where required. You will also support the building team with general scheduled requests.
To be shortlisted for this role you must have a qualification in a relevant trade, preferably carpentry or equivalent experience and have other skills in areas such as cabinetry, tiling, plastering, painting etc. You must also have experience in residential renovation and be comfortable and able to learn computer programs relating to this role.
You will boast excellent organisational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritise work. Continuous improvement will also be high on your list of priorities. Your communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with clients (internal and external) and suppliers including problem solving and negotiation skills to resolve queries are of a high quality in addition to being highly adaptable, proactive and responsive with the ability to find solutions for sometimes complex situations.
You will have pride in your work and an attention to detail to ensure maintenance works are completed to standard and within expected timeframes. Commercial awareness to ensure clients requests are managed in a cost-effective manner and be able to show initiative to resolve and address issues proactively are also traits we seek.
Specific duties include:
- Manage logged maintenance requests, ensuring works are rectified in a timely and cost-effective manner to high quality standards
- Liaise with clients to understand maintenance queries and issues in a respectful manner to ensure a mutually beneficial outcome, escalating issues as required
- Arrange and manage trades to complete agreed maintenance works in consultation with the Scheduling Manager
- Undertake and complete minor maintenance works which can reasonably be completed, having regard for skills and complexity of the work needed
- Always manage client relationships and expectations to ensure clients are satisfied with all interactions with smarterBATHROOMS+ and its contractors
- Complete scheduled build activities (e.g.: waterproofing) as required,
- Negotiate and agree liability for maintenance requests with clients and/or trades, having regard for contractual warranty periods
- Negotiate and agree purchase orders with trades, ensuring purchase orders are raised and issued prior to works being completed
- Manage full renovation projects if required
- Assist in following up client payments if when required
- Ensure compliance of all employees and subcontractors on site to smarterBATHROOMS+ policies and procedures where applicable
- Complete all work in line with smarterBATHROOMS+ Values
- Take reasonable care to ensure own health and safety and that of others, including adhering to health and safety policies and applicable safe work procedures.
A generous package and employment conditions will be offered to the successful applicant.
Are you ready to take on a new challenge and serious about a move to an organisation which truly values its people, then please don’t hesitate to take the first step and forward your application (cover letter / CV) via the Seek “apply now” icon.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a National Police check.
Please note only applications via Seek will be accepted to ensure full process transparency. No direct applications please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in building & construction?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have experience working on residential construction projects?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.