Skyrail is a unique rainforest attraction that has built on its success to become a world leader in sustainable tourism. We are a locally owned family business offering long term career opportunities in the Cairns region.
About the role
We are currently seeking a customer service enthusiast to join our Reservations & Visitor Services team. This position has the flexibility to be full time or part time with an average of 25 hours per week on offer to the successful candidate.
No cableway or reservations experience is necessary as extensive in-house training will be provided on the job.
You will be responsible for:
- assisting guests to make bookings
- providing advice about packaged travel options
- ticketing guests at check-in
- ensuring our high standards of guest experience are met.
Your rotating roster will cover a Monday to Sunday roster and will include public holiday and weekend work, full availability is essential. Your initial training will be at Smithfield however you will also be required to work at our Kuranda terminals once trained, so a drivers license and own transport is essential.
Skills and experience
The following key attributes and skills will see you succeed in this career path with Skyrail:
- Superior customer service and interaction skills
- An eye for detail and presentation standards
- Be a proactive and positive team player
- Excellent telephone manner
- A drivers license, your own transport and willingness to travel on Skyrail.
- You will be required to participate in heights and evacuation training as part of the role.
- Experience using a reservations system will be highly regarded but is not essential.
Commitment to safety
Skyrail is committed to excellence and safety in the workplace and we have comprehensive systems in place to ensure the safe operation of the cableway. As part of our team, you must be physically and mentally alert to carry out your duties safely.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a drug/alcohol screen to determine fitness to perform inherent requirements of their role. Random drug and alcohol screening is conducted on a regular basis.
How to apply
If you are looking for a career with a leading local business please Apply Now!
Applications must include a cover letter and resume. Please outline your experience and tell us why you are seeking a career with Skyrail.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- How many years' experience do you have as a Reservations Consultant?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.