Penguin Random House is the world’s largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favourites to future classics across many genres and platforms.
United Book Distributors is our warehousing and distribution division located in Scoresby. Our operation distributes up to 35 million books per annum to its customers throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We have a great leadership opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to lead our replenishment and bulk team on the afternoon shift.
The hours for this role are 3.45pm to 11.55pm Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Inventory Manager, you will:
- Lead and develop a team of 12
- Be the escalation point on afternoon shift for overall site issues and decisions
- Facilitate toolbox meetings and ensure key information is communicated to the team
- Supervise and provide direction and guidance including i.e. delegate and coordinate activities and on-the-job training and induction
- Ensure stock replenishment is put away each day
- Ensure carton and pallet pick for replenishment and despatch are completed on time
- Put receiving stock away into pallet locations
- Complete all inventory cycle counts and stock checks
- Promote and ensure safe, accurate and effective work practices
- Identify and promote continuous improvement initiatives
- General administration tasks
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in warehousing
- Experience leading a team
- LF and LO licences
- Must have a high regard for safety
- Strong communication and people skills
- Ability to plan for the day and future forecast
- Good judgement and sound decision making
What we can offer you:
- Attractive salary
- Generous book discounts
- Health initiatives through our Be Well program i.e. on-site physio
- Access to online learning and other development opportunities
Apply now! Please attach a cover letter and resume outlining your suitability for the role.
Penguin Random House is the world’s largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favourites to future classics across many genres and platforms. In Australia and New Zealand, we are proud to work with the most talented writers, thinkers and achievers and publish a diverse range of local and international voices. We are the leading publisher distributing books across Australia and New Zealand, focusing on speed and reliability to reach our customers and bring the very best books to readers everywhere. Our 400+ creative and passionate people from various backgrounds and experiences work together to uphold our reputation for excellence and clear commitment to service throughout the entire publishing process, and help us to achieve exceptional results. More information can be found at https://www.penguin.com.au/ and https://www.penguin.co.nz/.
Penguin Random House is committed to providing a workplace and culture that values diversity and inclusion across all levels of the business. We recognise and acknowledge the contribution of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. This includes, however is not limited to, differences in gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, family status and disability.
Company: Penguin Random House Australia Pty Ltd
Postal Code: 3179
Job ID: 140809
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.