Home Garden Maintenance
- Must be available Monday to Friday, 4-5 days per week)
- Salary Packaging available (up to $15,900 of your income is tax-free)
- Travel time and mileage (when using your own vehicle) payable
Harold Hawthorne Community Centre is a not-for-profit organisation based in Carlisle. Our vibrant Centre runs community activities in our Community Centre and Social Activities Centre, provides care to people living in their own homes, 41 independent living retirement village and four social housing units. We are dedicated to assisting seniors and people with disabilities to continue to live independently and with dignity within their community.
We are seeking a part-time Gardener to join our home support services team to provide services to clients in their home. Duties will include but may not be limited to:
Minor garden duties:
- Lawn mowing, edging with whipper snipper and disposing of grass clippings,
- Pruning and trimming shrubs and trees, to a height which can be safely reached while standing on the ground,
- Weeding and tidying garden beds, digging over garden beds and applying fertilizer and mulch, and
- Sweeping/blowing pathways and trimming overhanging plants from pathways ensuring all walkways are clear and safe.
- Minor home maintenance and repairs:
- Changing light globes,
- Replacing batteries in smoke detectors,
- Minor odd jobs,
- Replacing tap washers,
- Window cleaning, and
- Gutter cleaning.
You will also be required to follow client support plans and report changes to client needs.
The successful applicant will have:
- A mobile phone to use for work purposes,
- A current WA drivers licence,
- A licenced reliable vehicle with a towbar (mileage payable)
- National Police Certificate dated within 3 months or ability to obtain one,
- Good organisational and time management skills,
- Good verbal and written communication skills,
- The ability to work with limited supervision and as part of a team,
- A good understanding of workplace health and safety requirements as they relate to this position.
If you possess these attributes, we want to hear from you.
Applications: Please address your cover letter and resume with two referees to Sarah Harris, HR Coordinator
Inquiries: If you have any questions please contact Luke Ney (Maintenance Coordinator) on 9470 1155. A copy of the position description is available on our website, www.hhcentre.org [link removed]
Applications close: Friday 5/11/2021 at 4.00pm
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian Citizenship, Australia working rights, or hold a Permanent Residency status in Australia.
Please note, candidate screening and interviews may commence prior to any advertised closing date. We may close the advertisement if the position is appointed early.
Successful candidates will be requested to attend a pre-employment musculoskeletal health assessment.
Harold Hawthorne Community Centre is an Equal Opportunity employer. We recognise, value and support a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds who are also committed to these values.
- How many years' experience do you have as a gardener?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.