Austral Fisheries is one of Australia’s largest integrated commercial fishing companies, with vessels operating in Australia’s sub-Antarctic Territories, The Northern Prawn Fishery and the Timor Reef Fishery. Whilst we operate from the Sub-Antarctic to the tropics, we are headquartered in Perth, Western Australia and have been in operation for over 45 years.
Austral are committed to sustainable fishing and making their operations carbon neutral.
About the Fishery
The Northern Prawn Fishery (NPF) covers an area of nearly 1 million Kilometers across Australia's top end. The fishery is Australia's most reliable Commonwealth Fishery.
Austral owns 11 of the 52 vessels that are licensed to operate in this MSC certified Fishery.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fleet Engineer (University or Trade-qualified) preferably with sea time experience. Austral Fisheries are seeking candidates to fulfil the full-time position as a Fleet Engineer to assist in the planning, maintenance and continual improvement of their fleet of fishing vessels. The applicant will be required to work closely with the senior engineering team, marine engine drivers as well as a range of contractors.
This opportunity will give the successful applicant the chance to learn and develop a broad understanding of engineering components and management techniques, and provide the opportunity to add value to required areas.
The successful applicant will need the following qualifications and knowledge:
- A relevant university or trade qualification
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to utilise office programs such as Excel, Outlook, Access, and Word.
- An understanding of regulatory requirements for maintaining safe vessel operations.
- Applicable workplace health and safety awareness and understanding.
- Experience in planning and execution of complex, multi-contractor refit work in order to deliver major vessel refits on time and on a budget.
- Good attitude, team player, and able to travel to remote regions.
Display a comprehensive understanding of most, if not all, the following disciplines:
- Refrigeration systems
- Diesel engines
- Hydraulic systems
- Electrical systems
- Fuel systems
- Cooling systems
If this sounds like you, apply today or contact Andrew Prendergast- email@example.com.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- How many years' experience do you have as an electrical engineer?
- Have you completed a qualification in electrical engineering?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.