Support Worker (Trainer) - Abbotsford
Jigsaw trains people with disability in fundamental transferable employment skills and provides training, work experience, employment experience and support in transitioning to mainstream employment. At the heart of the Jigsaw model is a data and document management business working with corporate and government clients that we use to facilitate this.
A Support Worker is known as a Trainer in the Jigsaw model. Trainers build professional and personal relationships with trainees based on mutual respect, enabling and empowering individuals with disabilities to reach their employment goals and feel confident in the workplace.
You will work autonomously and as part of a team to achieve agreed outcomes. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Facilitating the training of participants in transferable employment skills, by creating individualised resources and strategies to support participants to achieve their goals
- Support Participants to help achieve the business targets assigned to each team, on time and to a high-quality standard
- Develop a strong working relationship and become a mentor to individuals supported
- Provide all aspects of personal care, mealtime assistance and behavioural management to ensure everyone feels fully supported and is progressing towards their employment goals
- Deliver on any administration or reporting activities in line with NDIS standards
- Promote and role model appropriate behaviour to support Jigsaw’s culture, performance and brand
- Engage with participants using a Positive Behaviour Support approach where appropriate
This role would be perfect for someone currently studying an allied health-related degree or certificate looking to build experience in the disability industry while completing their studies! This role would also be appropriate for people with lived experience and a good understanding of disability support.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A passion for and experience with working with people with disability or in the allied health sector
- Energetic and creative individuals who think differently about assisting others to achieve employment goals
- A proactive, forward thinker, who takes initiative to solve problems
- High bandwidth for multitasking and attention to detail
- Experience in supporting challenging behaviours is desirable but not required
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Auslan experience is desirable but not required
- Empathetic and patient approach
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Possess or be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Possess or be willing to obtain a Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- Possess or be willing to obtain a Working With Children Check
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive casual rate
- Jigsaw employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities, meaning you can increase the value of your take-home income.
- Potential career development opportunities as the team expand interstate
- Online and face to face training as required for the role.
- The person is the point
- The power of YES
- A hand up, not a handout
- Unbeatable workforce
- We’re trailblazers
- Where to next?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.